Complaint Review: Back Mountain Gas

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Pennsylvania
Back Mountain Gas
2312 ST Route 118 Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania USA

Back Mountain Gas Propane company repeatedly overcharges and makes unscheduled deliveries Hunlock Creek Pennsylvania

Back Mountain Gas, AKA Heller's Gas, has repeatedly ripped me off ever since I moved into a new home. I could probably write a book on their bad business, but I will try to be concise and just list what they have done:

1. They repeatedly made unscheduled and unwanted deliveries without authorization while on "will call" status.
  2. They claim that an unscheduled and unwanted yearly fill is required for insurance regulations.
  3. These unauthorized deliveries were typically made when the propane prices were high, giving them maxium profit.
  4. They refused to refund or buy back this unwanted propane.
  5. They overcharge around $1/gallon compared to any other propane companies in the area. In fact, they charge more than a gallon of unleaded gas for a vehicle. When I changed suppliers I even got a rate that was more than $1/gallon cheaper locked in for more than a year. This wasn't special pricing. My last bill with Back Mountain Gas was nearly $3.50/gallon.
  6. I have reason to believe that they overstated amounts delivered as I watched tanks and they never wrote how much gas was in the tanks prior to delivery on tickets.
  7. They charge hazard fees that other companies do not charge.
  8. They charge other ridiculous fees to remove their equipment.

If you move into a property that already has their tanks, request that they remove them from the property immediately unless you want them to rip you off. I never had any agreement with them to deliver propane automatically. Since the tanks were already on the property, I requested a single fill up. This resulted in roughly 3 years of them ripping me off while I repeatedly told them to stop delivering gas unless I called. They refused to do this. My only solution was to have them remove the tanks from the property.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Back-Mountain-Gas/Hunlock-Creek-Pennsylvania-18621/Back-Mountain-Gas-Propane-company-repeatedly-overcharges-and-makes-unscheduled-deliverie-1047772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Back Mountain Gas