This is a copy of the report I also made to the US Product Safety Commission. This is serious folks and I also found online a law suit or several for the claims they have made about non toxic no odor no fumes etc....I am very safe, I read directions I follow them I have proper utensils and all.....I should never have even used it for a second when I smelled any odor but it got 10 x's worse in a short matter of time...Today I am still very sick.....
Who You Are: Consumer
I researched "non toxic, enviromentally friendly paint strippers and found Back to Natures Ready Strip with claim to be safe and non caustic, non toxic ODORLESS , no fumes etc.....I went and bought it from a local paint store.....got home opened it and it was not like the photo it had 6 inches of brown liquid sitting on top and green slug on the bottom. (The paint store employee saw this in another one that was opened also. He was disgusted by the odor...) I had to stir 10 minutes to get it mixed....it was thin not thick like it claimed and had an odor....however I tried it on a 3 ft section of door frame, it dripped all over but I left it..closed the doors to the bath and bedroom from rest of the house, had 3 windows open fully, 2 fans going to ventilate the entire bath and bedroom............I already had a headache and went outside to which I smelled coming strongly from the bedroom window the smell of acetone or something very very strong........I had to go in a remove all I put on the door frames, wash everything and the toxic fumes remained..
.the next morning I returned the product to the store and the employee opened the top and immediately the smell can out in less than 1 second, those fumes came out burned my eyes, nose lips and still tonight I am sick with blisters on my lips, skin burns, breathing problems, cough and headache..I never touched it with my skin or hands or anything and the area was well ventilated.....even though the company claims is it safe...no fumes..virtually odorless, non caustic...you could eat it etc........NO WAY........this and the employee agreed, it was either very old or contaminated somehow or the chemicals had changed or something because the fumes from that was as strong as acetone or some other toxic fume..
.now I am very sick tonight with pain on my skin like burns.........and I am still smelling some of the fumes even though I have cleaned the area several times with water, hot water, mild soap and water....will tery baking soda tomorrow and still have the windows open with fans going.....I am very very sick and am hurting also..........no one should be making any tyoe of toxic dangerous chemicals for anything...and no company should be allowed to say something that is not true...this does have odor and fumes!.