Complaint Review: BackupGenie.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 05, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, September 05, 2013

• Reported By: Robertl594 — Farmington Hills Michigan
Internet, Select State/Province USA

BackupGenie.com https://www.backupgenie.com/ BackupGenie Bait & Switch, Non-Responsive Internet

Before using Backupgenie.com, read this!  The Old "Bait & Switch" routine.

I bought and paid for a one year subscription for unlimited backup space on www.backupgenie.com.  Price was 9.99 per month.  It took almost one month to backup my 850gbs of data. This program allows for a single backup per day of unlimited data on a computer and portable devices.  I have only backed up data on my personal computer.

My data is on a sinlge personal computer and consists of photos and some documents.  Once that backup finally completed, I received an email lthat I was in violation of their terms and had 30 days to convert my service to a business account at $30 per month, (3 times the unlimited rate that is for non-business use) before they would delete all of my files. Their terms state that they reserve the right to do deny anyone service for any reason.

I am not a business, I am a personal user.  I tried to contact BUG on numerous occcasions to let them know that I am not a business user and to learn why they felt that Ihave violated their terms.  They refuse to respond to my requests and have continuously ignored all of my attampts to resolve my situation with them.

This smacks of an old fashioned "bait and switch" routine.  I am very disaapointed in their lack of professional behavior and am annoyed that I have been taken advantage of by an online service provider.

I am happy to have a conversation with BUG to learn why they claim that I am in violation of their terms, but they refuse to respond to me.

I am backing up data on a sinlge personal computer, once a day, no more.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2013 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BackupGeniecom/Internet-Select-StateProvince/BackupGeniecom-httpswwwbackupgeniecom-BackupGenie-Bait-amp-Switch-Non-Responsiv-1082120. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BackupGenie.com