Complaint Review: Bad Boy Boats

• Reported By: Kevin — DeBary Florida United States of America
Bad Boy Boats
4502 Hudson Bend Rd Austin, Texas United States of America

Bad Boy Boats Bob Epler These guys trashed my boat Austin, Texas

Don't sell or buy with this guy. I consigned my boat there out of desperation due to having to move out of town. First of all he charged me a $250 lot fee to keep the boat "clean". After 30 days I told him that I decided not to sell my boat and was coming back to Texas to pick it up. I told him that I would pick it up on a Tuesday. He agreed, however called me on Monday to tell me that he had a buyer and was going to sell it whether I liked it or not because I "gave him until Tuesday". I right away went to his lot and told him that I didn't want to sell it. After him throwing a few F bombs around I decided that it wasn't worth it and would wait until Tuesday to see if he really had a buyer.

Tuesday morning I go to pick up my boat (or my check since he was forcing me to sell) and it was trashed. No one was going to buy my boat in this condition. The boat was very dirty (broken, rotten bird eggs inside, bird crap, etc) and looked like it had not been covered the whole 30 days he had it. [continued below]....
..... Not only that, his "lot guy" supposedly left the bimini top up and pulled the boat out from underneath a shed ripping the entire bimini off, destroying the top side window frames on each side. The bimini pole also knocked holes into the fiberglass on the port side. When I confronted him about it he admitted fault however told me that is why "I" have insurance. I then said "You trashed my boat, are you going to at least refund me that $250 for keeping my boat "clean"??". He said that he couldn't do that. So I told him that was his choice and here we are. I normally give people the benefit of the doubt and am not the type to write negative reviews, however people need to know about this guy. He clearly doesn't give a crap about the boats on his lot and with that in mind I would not sell or ever buy anything from this guy. BTW, the repair bill on my boat was $1800 which I had to pay a $500 deductible and might be penalized by my insurance company for being stupid enough to leave my boat in the hands of someone like this.

Also I might add (take this for good or bad), one of his employees changed the agreed price that I would get on the boat in the contract and forged my initials. I caught this because I had a copy made on the original. He told me that he fired that guy so who knows what else was going on there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2012 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bad-Boy-Boats/Austin-Texas-78734/Bad-Boy-Boats-Bob-Epler-These-guys-trashed-my-boat-Austin-Texas-883081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bad Boy Boats