Complaint Review: Badcock & More

• Reported By: Sylvia — Gainesville Florida USA
Badcock & More
4325 NW 13th Street Gainesville, Florida United States of America

Badcock & More LOUSY SERVICE PEOPLE!!! Gainesville, Florida

In January 2009 I purchased a $2000 Serta mattress set from Badcock.  I also purchased their 'fabric protection' plan.  Now 3 years later, we cannot sleep on the mattress as it has two deep impressions, one on either side.  Because it has a 10 year warranty, we called Badcock.   First, we asked "Ben' about the fabric protection, as I had noticed a spot on the mattress (NOT where we lay).  I was told we did not have Fabric protection!

I insisted I did, and he said, that if we did ' you didn't pay for it".    No one would be available to inspect the mattress for 2 weeks.  At the end of 2 weeks, the deliveryman arrived to inspect the mattress.  He took one look and said there was definitely a problem and that he would turn in the paperwork.   I made 3 calls to the store requesting the status.  Ben was always unavailable, and never returned my calls.  I finally went into the store, to get some answers.

Ben totally ignored me - would not even look at me.   I explained the issue to 'Suzanne", who promptly stated that the warranty was void because there was a stain on the mattress.  I told her that Badcock had sold me fabric protection, and obviously it did not work!   She called Serta and asked if they would warranty a mattress with a stain on it.  They said no.  She hung up and said she was sorry there was nothing she could do.   I could call Guardsman, who was the company that warrantied the stain protection, and have them come clean it.  However, the warranty was still void.

So...how does a stain of unknown origin, in a distant corner of a mattress void bad workmanship?   I downloaded a copy of the Serta warranty, and after you read all the small print, it seems that they will only honor a warranty if it's never been used....sounds like even sleeping on it voids the warranty.  Badcock Corporate was no help.  The offered to refund the $50 for the fabric protection!  So I am out $2000 and have to sleep in the guest room.   Do not buy from Badcock or Serta!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Badcock-More/Gainesville-Florida-32609/Badcock-More-LOUSY-SERVICE-PEOPLE-Gainesville-Florida-952930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Badcock & More