Complaint Review: Badcock & more Home Furniture

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: valgal — Palm Coast Florida
Badcock & more Home Furniture
1762 Tree Blvd. St. Augustine, Florida United States of America

Badcock & more Home Furniture Beware of their Protect-it Furniture Protection Plan. It is a scam. St. Augustine, Florida

I purchased a dining table and 6 stools that all matched from Badcock Furniture.  I purchased their Protect-it Furniture Protection Plan just in case my tabletop got scratched or damaged. The table top was scratched and I called Protect-it.  They gave me a claim number and told me my new tabletop would be shipped and to expect a call from Badcock in St. Augustine when it arrived.  No call ever came. When I finally called Badcock, they had no idea what I was talking about.  When I gave them my claim number, they said "Oh, we have changed suppliers and that table can no longer be ordered for you.  You are authorized to make a reselection."   They have the exact table and chairs set, only in a much darker wood.  If I select the table they now carry, I no longer have a matching set.  What good is "furniture insurance" if it doesn't make you "whole" again?  I want them to replace the entire set or order me a new table top from their original supplier even if they "no longer carry furniture from that supplier."  The whole idea of buying their Protect-it is a huge scam.  They take everyone's money and never make good on their end of the contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Badcock-more-Home-Furniture/St-Augustine-Florida-32084/Badcock-more-Home-Furniture-Beware-of-their-Protect-it-Furniture-Protection-Plan-It-i-1045675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Badcock & more Home Furniture