Complaint Review: Bag Inc

Bag Inc

Bag Inc Bag Inc Handbag retailer Guangzhou, Internet

*Author of original report: Resolution

*Author of original report: Update on Issue

On August 10, 2012 I purchased a handbag from an Internet company, based in China, called Bag Inc.  The product was listed as being made of "luxurious cowhide leather" and when I contacted customer service, they in fact verified that it was genuine leather.  The bag arrived and according to the shipping invoice it was in fact PVC. The bag also held an awful chemical smell, as well as had two cosmetic defects.  I asked the seller how to proceed with the return process. The seller requested photographs, which I promptly provided.  After two days of no follow up or response, I submitted an inquiry requesting a status.  I was told to ship this item to another customer, here in the United States and was told that once this client confirmed receipt, they would refund me. This did not resonate well with me. Why was I being asked to send something defective to another customer? Also, why did this company feel that it was acceptable to provide me with this person's private information (full name, mailing address, telephone number)?  After I expressed my concerns, I was told to send the item back to China and told that I would be given a full refund for the item, as well as refunded for shipping upon providing a copy of the receipt for the shipping costs.  I replied by saying that I would ship the item back "today".  I shipped the item back on the same day, as promised, and faxed them a copy of the receipt from Fed Ex.  The company replied back that they were surprised at how expensive shipping was and they have since attempted to renege on the agreement. Upon doing further research with Paypal, it was found that they provided me with an address other than the official one listed under the company name.  According to Paypal, I may not be protected in the event that I file a claim because of this.  Why did a representative of the company give me a contradictory address?  I have written proof of everything that I am saying.
I am just asking for the following: that I be refunded for the defective handbag that was listed with incorrect specifications, as well as the shipping costs, and that this company be held responsible for their unsavory business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bag-Inc/internet/Bag-Inc-Bag-Inc-Handbag-retailer-Guangzhou-Internet-933794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bag Inc

Resolution

AUTHOR: Rnw79 - (United States of America)

On August 31, 2012, Bag Inc contacted me with regard to a resolution. They have shown that they do value their customers. Bag Inc still stands by the quality of their merchandise and all descriptions posted and have expressed that they are confident that if any fabric/leather expert were consulted, they would confirm authenticity of the materials as listed on their site. They also confirmed that the address provided for the return is valid and in alignment with their business license info, etc.  I appreciate the efforts to arrive at a resolution. Both parties regret any misunderstanding that has taken place.

Update on Issue

AUTHOR: Rnw79 - (United States of America)

On August 31, 2012 BagInc contacted me and we were able to arrive at a resolution. They have shown that they do value their customers. Bag Inc still stands by the quality of their merchandise and all descriptions posted and have expressed that they are confident that if any fabric/leather expert were consulted, they would confirm authenticity of the materials as listed on their site. They also confirmed that the address provided for the return is valid and in alignment with their business license info, etc.  I appreciate the efforts to arrive at a resolution. Both parties have apologized for any misunderstandings presented by this case. I will post another update once the resolution agreement has been filled.