Complaint Review: Bailey Thompson, Great Danes, Florida

• Updated: Mon, March 28, 2011

• Reported By: Beth — Saunderstown Rhode Island United States of America
Bailey Thompson, Great Danes, Florida
Sarasota, Orlando, Florida United States of America

Bailey Thompson, Great Danes, Florida Bailey54 on www.Hoobly.com Took my $100 deposit and sold puppy to someone else. Sarasota, Orlando , Florida

*Author of original report: Remmington Danes

*Author of original report: File a Report!!

*Author of original report: And GUESS where that dog ended up...

August 2009

Sent a $100 deposit to Bailey Thompson in Sarasota, FL for a puppy advertised on www.hoobly.com.  She said she needed him gone asap.  During the time that I was trying to get shipping from FL to RI, she readvertised him (one week later) and sold him to someone else.

She cashed the check on Aug 26th at Sun Bank in Orlando, but put the puppy back on Hoobly on the 2nd.  I stayed in touch with her the whole time, she knew I was trying, and really looking forward to him, and that rides kept falling through.

Not only did she not tell me that there was a date by which he HAD to be gone, but she didn't give me the option to just have someone (a friend in FL) go and get him, she didn't let me know that she had sold him to someone else, and she didn't return my calls or emails until I threatened her with a lawyer and internet fraud. [continued below]....

It's not worth the money or effort to go after her, she knew it was a civil matter (I assume because she has done this before)... so instead I am putting her name here.

*Nowhere on her Hoobly ad did it say that deposits were nonrefundable, nor did she tell me this either over the phone or by email.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bailey-Thompson-Great-Danes-Florida/Sarasota-Orlando-Florida-/Bailey-Thompson-Great-Danes-Florida-Bailey54-on-wwwHooblycom-Took-my-100-deposit-and-546481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bailey Thompson, Great Danes, Florida

Remmington Danes

AUTHOR: Beth - (USA)

Alternatively, Kelsey (the good sister), of Remmington Danes in Arcadia FL, runs a very professional business and I believe cares about her dogs.  She GAVE me a beautiful puppy after what her sister did.  He is here now, and I think the most wonderful Dane that I have ever had!  If you want a GREAT Dane!!... contact Kelsey!...

www.remmingtondanes.com
(941)301-3696

Thank you Kelsey!!!

File a Report!!

AUTHOR: Beth - (USA)

If you have been ripped off by Bailey Thompson, please contact Sgt Gause at the DeSoto County Sheriff's Office: 863-993-4700.  The case # is 201100355.

And, if you want a good quality Dane from an honorable breeder, please contact Bailey's sister; Kelsey Thompson.  She owns Remmington Danes (((Redacted)))... her dogs are quality, she is conscientious, requires a signed document to protect her dogs, and they are never to go to a pound or a rescue, she will take any dog back if it doesn't work out.  Good breeder.

I contacted Kelsey back then, to see if there was anything she could do about Bailey.  There was not.  BUT...2 days after my Dane, Uther, died (February 2011), Kelsey contacted me out of the blue with the link to Bailey's puppy... 'Clyde', at a rescue.

After talking for a bit about what Bailey had been up to, I asked Kelsey if she had any 'extra puppies just lying around'.  ;)  As a matter of fact, she did!...a 10 week old black with white male pup, JUST what I had been looking for!  She could not guarantee his health, and did I want him?

Uhhhh.... YES!!!

Jabba The Pup has been here in RI with us now for just over a month.  He is AWESOME!!  We love him!!  And we have all nice things to say about Kelsey.  THANK YOU Kelsey!!!

And GUESS where that dog ended up...

Yes.  At a rescue.   Look at 'Clyde'.  ):

If Bailey Thompson had any integrity as a breeder or a person, and cared at all about the animals that she produces, that dog would be here, lying on the couch.  Instead she probably sold him to the first person that came up with the money.

THIS is why so many animals are destroyed every day in the United States.  Careless, thoughtless, and irresponsible breeding.

Stay away from Bailey Thompson of BA Danes in FL!!

And read the trail of other unhappy people that she has left behind...
http://badanes.webs.com/apps/guestbook/ on her own web site.

If you have had a bad experience with her, please let me know.  I would be happy to add your info to mine: http://www.newenglandequinerescues.com/wallofshame.htm

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC