Complaint Review: Baker College Online Center for Graduate Studies

• Updated: Fri, March 16, 2012

• Reported By: SheAintDumb — Livonia Michigan United States of America
Baker College Online Center for Graduate Studies
1050 West Bristol Flint, MI 48507 Internet United States of America

Baker College Online Center for Graduate Studies Baker College: Go to Another School! Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Baker College Flint, MI treated me the same way

Baker College expelled me from school for making a simple and obvious error in attaching an incorrect file to the assignment link.

I turned in what I thought to be my final paper that I wrote for my economics class for my instructor and my school, Baker College.  The sample paper was named Final Paper and my paper was named Final Econ Paper.  When attaching the documents, I made an error and attached the sample paper.

The sample paper was unaltered and in its original form.  The title page advised the paper was by the author of the paper whom was not me, submitted to the authors college and addressed to a the authors instructor with a submission date of October 2011. My submission date would have been January of 2012.

I was accused of academic dishonesty and expelled.  I was never even given the chance to correct the error prior to the action of expulsion.  Additionally, the CAO, Chief Academic Officer advised me there was no appeals process for expulsion (and don't get it twisted, I STILL have her voice message where she told me that and I plan to keep it for a very long time).

Had I not called her on her bull crap I would have never never been given my right to an appeal, with a unanimous vote to reinstate me and my grade recalculated.

Did I also fail to mention I have an academic history with this school.  I received my BBA with HONORS in 2008 without EVER being accused of cheating.  Did I also mention on my original paper, I had a last modification date which proved I had an original paper ready and available to provide prior to the time stamp and date of the incorrect paper submission.  That didn't seem to matter until I went through the appeals process.

It took a group of students and teachers not in the same field as me to say three people with PhD's were wrong.  That is very telling.

I am looking for similar stories with Baker College as mine.  They are taking plagiarism and cheating to a whole new level where common sense and good ole fashion investigating is not being done prior to taking such serious actions against students.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Baker-College-Online-Center-for-Graduate-Studies/internet/Baker-College-Online-Center-for-Graduate-Studies-Baker-College-Go-to-Another-School-Int-854975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Baker College Online Center for Graduate Studies

Baker College Flint, MI treated me the same way

AUTHOR: bakercollegevictim - ()

I was treated the same way at Baker College Flint, MI.  I was wrongly failed in December 2012.  I appealed and denied.

I filed a complaint with the US Department of Education and it is in process and a possible investigation.

In 2010 Baker College was investigated by the US Department of Education for misuse of federal loan money.  See article below

Below is information regarding the US Department of Education and how to notify them of your complaint.
According to the U.S. Department of Education, if a person has experienced or witnessed discrimination, harassment, unfair grading, inadequate staffing, program changes or federal loan fraud at Baker College, that information is requested for a possible investigation.  Please report fraud, waste, or abuse involving federal student aid funds by calling 1-202-377-4277 or send information to http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/oig/hotline.html .  For discrimination complaints please call the Office of Civil Rights Hotline 1-800-421-3481
 If a person currently has Federal Loan Debt due to the inability to complete a Baker College program due to activities listed above, please include that information.
The email address bakercollegevictims@gmail.com has been setup for people to send their complaints and contact information for possible future litigation against Baker College.