- Report: #82666
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Baker Enterprises - PALMHARBOR HOMES
Baker Enterprises - PALMHARBOR HOMES7602 301 Blvd.,Suite A Sarasota, Florida U.S.A.
Baker Enterprisers Ripoff We purchased a Palm Harbor home from Baker Enterprises and failed to deliver to us in accordance with terms of cotrract Sarasota Florida
We hired experts to look at this home after the inspections. An installer informed us the home was unsafe to live in & would have to be reset, relagged, reblocked & tied down correctly. A general contractor checked inside and outside and gave us a repair cost of $8,000.00+. The State came and inspected the home and their finale results were 9 violations on the dealer and 6 violations on the manufacture.
We began to wonder if this was a brand new home for it was plagued with so many problems. We came to the conclusion to send it back and we demanded our deposit of 10,000.00 be returned to us.
The dealer Norm Baker offered little to repair the home and wanted to be released of all responsibilities. The installer Frank Saunders of P&F mbhm and rv services didn't want to repair the many errors and problems thy caused and were responsible to bring it up to code. Below is some of the problems which needed to be addressed.
1. Did not recieve tags 2. improper blocking, tie down and leveling of home 3. improper vapor barrier and holes in the underpinning 4. improper roof ventilation 5. roof problems due to improper alinement of units which caused buckling with humps and valleys in the roof 6. protuding nailheads and nails driven into the shingles 7. no flashing on valley and around dormer 8. felt paper expose 9. we upgraded the shingles to a 30 yr. warranty but the shingles on the ridge cap were only 20 yr. and of a different color 10. ac duct work lying on the ground, in or out take duct was not connected correctly and had fallen off 11. ac unit would continue to run when unit was turned off 12. improper installation of doors they had gaps and stuck 13. The home was delivered not up to specifications ordered. It was missing a 3rd entry door. 14. installation on 3rd entry door done on premises without permit or qualified electrician. PH finishers installed the door which they cut all the main wires. Requiring him to reconnect the wires which resulted in the tripping of the breaker when light was turned off and when the vacuum was used the lights would dim. 15. Issue concerning shear walls because we have 2 blueprints with diferent locations of shear wall, inclding the wall where 3rd entry door was installed on premises. under Hud regulations any structure changes bring the home out of Hud standards and warranty. 16. mirror in mster bath would swing open rubbing the light fixture then hit another mirror 17. misaligned fireplace doors 18. improper painting of interior wall, no primer, different texture throughout, boogers throughout, holidays throughout home 19. drywall finish unacceptable 3/8 inch or more humps or out of plume walls throughout home, inside mstr bth shower, ceiling, wall, and outside exterior wall 20. uneven, loose, and grout cracking around tiles 21. carpet not laid due to all repairs needed to be done before moving in.
Dale and debra
Orange Springs, Florida
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2004 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Baker-Enterprises-PALMHARBOR-HOMES/Sarasota-Florida-34243/Baker-Enterprisers-Ripoff-We-purchased-a-Palm-Harbor-home-from-Baker-Enterprises-and-faile-82666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.