Complaint Review: Baker & McKenzie (impersonating)

• Submitted: Wed, August 20, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, August 20, 2014

• Reported By: Sabrina — Chicago Illinois

Baker & McKenzie (impersonating) a clerk of court is notifying me that I'm scheduled to appear in court. I'm told to bring witnesses and all documents. Then I'm told to click on a link to view a copy of the notice. I'm lastly warned that if I do not appear the judge will still hear the case in my absence. Internet

Baker & McKenzie
Notice of appearance
  Sent By:
Baker & McKenzie   On:Aug 08/18/14 6:15 AM
To: ********** (my email address)
Reply to: Baker & McKenzie

Notice to Appear,

Hereby you are notified that you have been scheduled to appear for your hearing that will take place in the court of Thornton in September 2, 2014 at 12:20am. Please bring all documents and witnesses relating to this case with you to Court on your hearing date.
To view copy of the court notice click here. Please, read it thoroughly.
Note: If you do not attend the hearing the judge may hear the case in your absence.

Truly yours,Clerk of Court

© Baker & McKenzie 2014

I recd this email and knew it was fraudulent because of the grammatical and punctuation errors. Also, I wrote and handled thousands of professional letters throughout my working years and know what phrases and words would never be used by a legitimate corporation. They literally pop off the page at me.

I also called an office of the REAL Baker & MacKenzie law firm and they verified this was a scam.

I am not sure if this was a credit card scam, but I sense they want you to click on their link and pay a cash amount to "settle" out of court.

I have never been summoned to court in my life, and I'm now disabled and rarely go out period, let alone commit some sort of violation that would summon me to court!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2014 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Baker-McKenzie-impersonating/internet/Baker-McKenzie-impersonating-a-clerk-of-court-is-notifying-me-that-Im-scheduled-to-a-1171125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Baker & McKenzie (impersonating)