Complaint Review: Baker School of Music Gilbert AZ

• Reported By: Thom Petteruti — Gilbert Arizona
Baker School of Music Gilbert AZ
263 East Warner Road Gilbert, Arizona USA

Baker School of Music Gilbert AZ Credit Card FRAUD Gilbert Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Baker School of Music vs. Tap & Son's Electric, Tempe, Arizona

I have repeatedly contacted the owner of this music school that is supposed to be "highly reputable", but I have found them to be simply ignorant in their refusal to help their customers. I have been overcharged for FIVE MONTHS of lessons that were never taken. I told the owner and his wife on the day I signed my son up for lessons that we only wanted to do ONE MONTH in order to see if he would succeed in the lessons. As stated, we ended up only doing one month of lessons, but I was charged for FIVE MONTHS instead of one. This amounts to $576 that the owner is refusing to refund me because he claims I never told him that I only wanted one month's worth of lessons. BEWARE of this company...they are among the most fraudulent and dishonest businesses out there and clearly don't care about anything but scamming their customers out of money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2013 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Baker-School-of-Music-Gilbert-AZ/Gilbert-Arizona-85296/Baker-School-of-Music-Gilbert-AZ-Credit-Card-FRAUD-Gilbert-Arizona-1075072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Baker School of Music Gilbert AZ

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Baker School of Music vs. Tap & Son's Electric, Tempe, Arizona

AUTHOR: Clyde Baker - ()

Baker School of Music response:

Mr. Thom Petteruti of “TAP & SON’S ELECTRIC, INC.”, 2715 S. Hardy Drive, Suite 101, Tempe, AZ has filed a complaint against “Baker School of Music” a children’s performing arts’ studio in Gilbert, AZ.

Mr. Petteruti claims that he has, “…repeatedly contacted the owner of this music school”.  As of today, after 5 months, Mr. Petteruti called twice in 2 days (verified by phone records) and sent an email, at the request of Mr. Baker, owner of Baker School of Music, to forward the email that he claims to have sent that requested to withdraw his two sons from guitar classes 5 months ago.  To this day, Mr. Petteruti has failed to find this email.  One reason is that he never sent one.  We will be glad to refund everything, if you find the original email that allegedly was sent stating the date that you wanted to cancel classes.

Mr. Petteruti also claims that our studio, “…is supposed to be highly reputable”. This is correct! Presently, we have hundreds of satisfied customers/parents that attend our popular summer camps, activities and performing arts’ classes, thus giving us the title of “highly reputable” as Mr. Petteruti mentions above.  In fact, all 10-weeks of our popular summer performing arts camps were sold out!!  In addition, we have an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau until this complaint was filed by Mr. Thom Petteruti, a parent in Gilbert, AZ.  In fact, you are the FIRST AND ONLY person to complain to the BBB about our business.

Mr. Petteruti claims that we are, “….simply ignorant…” Mr. Baker, owner of Baker School of Music, is a graduate of Columbia University, Ed.M., University of Illinois, M.S. and Rutgers University, B.A. with many successful years of experience as an educator, public school administrator and college instructor.  He presently volunteers on the Gilbert Education Foundation Board and enjoys working with the children and community at large.

Mr. Petteruti states, “I have been overcharged for FIVE MONTHS of lessons….”  Mr. Thom Petteruti of Gilbert, Arizona filled out an online registration form at BakerSchoolofMusic.com to enroll his two sons in a Guitar class that met for once a week for only $56/per child every 4-weeks.  In this case, a total of $112.00/month every 4-weeks, since he has 2 sons. On the online registration form and also on our website under policies it CLEARLY states “Cancellation Policy: If you would like to drop a class or discontinue all classes, we require a 30-Day Written Notice (delivered by either fax, email or in person by form of a written letter).”

Mr. Thom Petteruti called us to cancel after 5 months, he was upset that his assistant at his electrical company was supposed to call Baker School of Music to cancel these classes a long time ago, but she must have forgot.  Regardless, Mr. Petteruti called Baker School of Music after 5 months and began to yell on the phone and demanded that we have a check in the mail immediately or else he will put this all over the internet to ruin our business.  Please note: Mr. Petteruti’s credit card was charged every 4-weeks for a total of $112.00 for 5-months.  After 5 months, Mr. Petteruti realized that his credit card was being charged every 4-weeks and that he wanted to stop payment and drop the guitar classes.

Mr. Petteruti claims, “I told the owner and his wife on the day I signed my son up for lessons that we only wanted to do ONE MONTH…”  He continues to repeatedly state, “…we ended up only doing one month of lesson….”  First of all Mr. Thom Petteruti, I’m not married.

In addition, not one of my staff members recalls any kind of conversations with you agreeing to only 1 month of lessons. I’m sure you know, as the owner of TAP & SON’S ELECTRIC, INC, that you do not go around doing business without a written contract or invoice in order to avoid disputes as you are making.  In fact, how would you continue to allow a company to charge your credit card for five consecutive months without putting anything in writing to cancel or mentioning this to us after the first 30-days.  Why wait 5-months?

In conclusion, Mr. Petteruti has called only twice after 5 months and stated that “If we do not have a check in his hands by the end of the day, that he would put this all over the internet and ruin our business.”  As far as Mr. Petturiti's mission to destroy our business that caters to children by making unsubstantiated, slanderous, unsupported statements, let alone defaming statements as “BEWARE”, “Fraudulent”, “dishonest” “scamming” “ignorant”… I only have one thing to say to Mr. Petturiti, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

We are proud of our accomplishments, as evident in our entire 10-week summer performing arts camps was totally sold out!!  Thank you to all the parents that continue to support our business!!

On a final note: Almost all performing art studios, dance studios, gymnastic studios, health fitness clubs, etc. have a 30-day written notice in order to withdrawn, regardless if you show up or not.  Some parents continue to pay each month to HOLD their spot within our studio, so that they do not lose their spot, even though they may be absent, at times.

In fact, I have only been at my health club one time in the past several months, but the health club continues to withdraw money from my account until I put in a written notice.  I think this is fair.

Sincerely,