Complaint Review: Bald Knob Marina

• Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: msc — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Bald Knob Marina
515 Bald Knob Rd Johnsburg,, Illinois United States of America

Bald Knob Marina charges for work never authorized or signed for by you-OVER $1,000.00! Johnsburg,, Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Bald Knob Responds

Its pretty simple.  I've been a customer of Bald Knob Marina since the early 1990's with not to many problems other then being treated very rude.  Anyway, these past two years has hit everyone very hard (especially business like Bald Knob - high price toys not in high demand) so they try and make up for lack of sales by charging customers for work next requested.  Well over the past several years MANY of my "boat neighbors" left the marina for different reasons and told me that I should move too; at that time I was willing to but up with Bald Knobs short comings blaming it on the fast growth of the business from previous years and lack of help, until now.

The marina charged me for work I NEVER authorized or signed for to the tune of $1,357.00, and for well over a month now the told me I wouldn't be able to use my boat and went as far as "chaining" it to the pier stating that I owe the money and the owners son told me that they had policy, which I asked for a copy of that policy and copies of my records for all service the preformed on my boat thru email after email after email to NEVER getting a reply. [continued below]....

.....  I also requested work to be done on my boat and I was charged for a diagnose on one engine that keep dieing and was told that they "cleared the code and couldn't find anything else wrong" only for the very next time I ran it, the problem was worse.

Be warned....DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE talk to boaters on the chain and they'll confirm with their own experiences.  I have facts in writing, they claim I verbally approved the work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2010 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bald-Knob-Marina/Johnsburg-Illinois-60051/Bald-Knob-Marina-charges-for-work-never-authorized-or-signed-for-by-you-OVER-100000-J-641257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bald Knob Marina

Bald Knob Responds

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

This customer's boat has been repossessed by the lender for non-payment of the loan.  He was a good customer who apparently fell on bad times.  As he states he was a customer since the 1990's and had not one complaint.  We are sorry to see him go.