Complaint Review: Baldwin Park, City of

• Updated: Thu, May 13, 2010

• Reported By: J.R. — San Marino California United States of America
Baldwin Park, City of
P.O. Box 2730, Internet United States of America

Baldwin Park, City of TicketWizard5000.com, Parking Citation Processing Center Parking Ticket Ripoff, Internet

On April 26, 2010, I transported my wife, a newly diagnosed Cancer Patient, to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in Baldwin Park, CA, for two appointments she had. She has a State of California issued, Permanent Parking Placard. Since all of the Handicapped Spaces were occupied, we parked in a '20 minute zone', and displayed the Valid placard on the rear view mirror as prescribed by the California Vehicle Code, Section 22511.55, Section A. This, as with parking at meters, or permit areas on streets, exempts us from a violation. When we left the second appointment, there was a parking violation ticket on the windshield, practically under the displayed placard.

The web site mentioned on the ticket noted that the ticket can be contested on-line. After nearly 24 hours, the ticket was still not uploaded onto the website, so I wrote a letter of protest (listed as an option). I stated that per the CVC cited above, this was not a violation. To my letter, I attached a copy of the violation AND a copy of the actual handicap placard, and mailed it to the processing center on April 27, 2010.

On May 13, 2010, I received a note from the City of Baldwin Park, stating that the violation was rejected, since no copy of the valid Parking Placard was included in the protest.

So, they received my letter, a copy of the violation, but not the copy of the placard that was stapled to the other two items?

Now, in order to appeal the violation, I now have to pay the entire amount of the fine ($60.00), and ask for an appeal. If they already lied about the paperwork, how do you think the appeal will turn out?

I have been unemployed for 11 months, and my wife was just diagnosed with cancer. I don't think it is fair for me to go through this, and pay for it, if I've done nothing wrong!

I have no problem with parking tickets. If I did it, I pay for it. I've received a ticket in Pasadena last December, and May, 2009. I violated the regulations and paid the ticket with no issue. I got a parking ticket in L.A. in 2008. No argument, I mis-read the sign, and paid the fine.

Why am I going through this and I've done nothing wrong? Why is Baldwin Park attempting to balance the budget on the backs of unemployed and handicapped people? That's not right, and may be a violation of the US ADA.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2010 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Baldwin-Park-City-of/internet/Baldwin-Park-City-of-TicketWizard5000com-Parking-Citation-Processing-Center-Parking-Tic-602941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Baldwin Park, City of