Complaint Review: Bally Fitness Center

• Updated: Wed, October 28, 2009

• Reported By: Christinadago — new kensington Pennsylvania USA
Bally Fitness Center
310 Rodi Rd Penn Hills, Pennsylvania United States of America

Bally Fitness Center - BALLY'S TOTAL FITNESS IS A SCAM - DON'T DO IT!! Penn Hills , Pennsylvania

I joined Bally's in 2000 - I moved roughly about 30 miles away from the gym and got a new job.  With this, I know longer drove past nor was I remotely close to the gym.  I attempted to cancel my contract as I was just over the 25 miles / the contract.  I sent in paperwork proving my relocation.  I was then told that the contract was cancelled.  Low and behold, I ran my credit report to get a mortgage and those SOB's are on there!  Now, the dept collectors are calling my mother's house and bombarding them with phone calls - which I haven't lived there since 1999.   I spoke with a not so nice rep at the dept collectors and asked for the phone calls to stop and she said that they are trying to collect a dept.  I've attempted to call Bally's on numerous occasions to try and resolve the issue, however, I can never get to a live person!  This is extremely frustrating.  I've began the process of sending a letter of dispute, hopefully this will resolve my issue!

Very Frustrated!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2009 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bally-Fitness-Center/Penn-Hills-Pennsylvania-15235/Bally-Fitness-Center-BALLYS-TOTAL-FITNESS-IS-A-SCAM-DONT-DO-IT-Penn-Hills-Penns-516360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally Fitness Center