Complaint Review: Bally Total Fitness

• Submitted: Thu, February 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 12, 2009

• Reported By:Fairfield New Jersey
Bally Total Fitness
24524 Horace Harding Expressway Little Neck, New York U.S.A.

Bally Total Fitness ,Bally Refusale to Cancel Any Membership for Any Reason Little Neck New York

I am on a month to month membership.

I had to call their call center. I advised I wanted to cancel, and the rep. stated "you absolutely cannot cancel"....I said why? He answered because we need a valid reason.

So I stated fine, I'm moving..they then had the nerve to ask for a lease! I advised I was NOT passing on my personal information.

Then I advised the dirty, crowded gym and he advised the process to file a complaint takes 4 weeks!

The manager began bullying tactics to get me off the phone 1-Kelly cancelled my auto-pay without my authorization and said "now you can pay however you like"...then he attempted to charge me $15 without my authorization so "I can read their contractual obligations in english"...I advised I did NOT sign a 3 year contract, I am month to month.

I've waited now 3 hours for a call back from local manager, and still no phone call.

DO NOT JOIN BALLY! It is crowded, dirty, and the customer service uses bully tactics to attempt to make you think your wrong and they will not do anything for you.

Jeff
Fairfield, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2009 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bally-Total-Fitness/Little-Neck-New-York-11362/Bally-Total-Fitness-Bally-Refusale-to-Cancel-Any-Membership-for-Any-Reason-Little-Neck-Ne-423285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally Total Fitness