Complaint Review: Bally Total Fitness

• Submitted: Fri, April 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 04, 2008

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Bally Total Fitness
ballytotalfitnes.com Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Bally Total Fitness Ripoff from Ballys Washington District of Columbia

I have had a memership with Bally for the last 6 years. My contract with them is over and I can cancel my membership at any time. My sister wanted a membership with them and I took her there with the believe that I would get some type of reward from bringing a new member. I talked to one of the sales associates, I explained to him that my sister did not want a contract for 3 years becasue she was 21 years old, new to the country and just wanted to try the gym for a couple of months , but maybe a month to month membership if they had something like that, he said that yes they offered month- to month memberships, and I did not need a contract for that; he also saidthat if my sister did not pay it will be ok ,no charges, and she just had to pay whenever she decided to use the gym again. I could not believe it at first, but he reasure me that it was for real.

He said I just had to sign the papers to get my reward for having brought a member to the gym. I paid my sister's first month and fees with my card.

Two months later I got a billed from Bally's charging me for the new account, when I called to inquired about the additional membership they said that I have a 36 month "contract" with them in which I am the buyer. My sister used the gym only for a week. She went to live with her boyfriend somewhere in the city.We are not communicating anymore.

English is not my first language, but I am proficient. I feel that they took advantage of me becasue he said something else and had me sign a paper saying that it was just for the records. I did not read the paper, I sign becasue I trusted what he told me and my sister while we were sitting at his office. I think that he notice my accent and openly took advantage of the fact that maybe I could be fooled.

I called the gym several times to inquiered about this matter and they said that they have to follow the paper I signed. I can not believe that somebody can get away with laying to people like that .Something has to be done about this matter.

Ori
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2008 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bally-Total-Fitness/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20012/Bally-Total-Fitness-Ripoff-from-Ballys-Washington-District-of-Columbia-323684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally Total Fitness