- Report: #743718
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Bally Total Fitness
Bally Total FitnessPO Box 1090 Norwalk, California 90651 Internet United States of America
Bally Total Fitness Bally's Refund Refusal - Gym Closed Difficult to Cancel Membership - Worst Customer Service Ever Received Internet
*UPDATE Employee: Company Response:
1) They have less than 2 weeks notice
2) They did not call or email any members so people that didn't go that often may still not know that they are being charged for a location that no longer exists
3) They didn't automatically cancel your membership, they just transfered it to a Global Membership where you could go to any club. Which would be great if the closest location to me wasn't FOUR HOURS AWAY.
4) Every time I called their customer service line it took forever to get a live person and their calling system hung up on me twice.
5) I was told that I could not cancel my account or request my refunds until the club was closed. Now I know that it was because without a location to go to I have no recourse when they screw me out of my money.
5) After 3 calls where I was told that I would receive a refund of the $220 that I had left in personal training I was told that the claim was denied and my sessions had expired. When I stated that I was already told that I would receive the money, they said that I received incorrect information and it was a "training opportunity" for them.
6) Through a very long conversation with a "manager" Manuel, all I got was rude, curt responses, and zero attempt at any level of customer service. They know full well that it would cost me more than $200 to get an attorney to get my money so they know they can keep it and I don't have anything I can do about it.
7) Each time that I called and they said I would get my money I asked them to send it to me in writing. They didn't just not do it, they flat out refused to. Now I know why....they had no intention of sending it to me.
Sheri - Olathe, KS
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2011 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bally-Total-Fitness/internet/Bally-Total-Fitness-Ballys-Refund-Refusal-Gym-Closed-Difficult-to-Cancel-Membership-W-743718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.