Complaint Review: Bally Total fitness

• Submitted: Fri, April 12, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, April 12, 2002

• Reported By:east lansing mi
Bally Total fitness
ballytotalfitness.com st. clair shores, Michigan U.S.A.

Bally Total fitness ripoff tricked and lied to us St. Clair Shores Michigan

I have had a terrible time with bally's. When I was 18 my best friend and I thought it would be a good idea to join a health club. We went to bally's, the representative lied to us he told us we were going to have a trial membership because we were students and that we could quit in 30 days. The catch was we still had to sign up, my friend wasn't even 18.

We signed up for a $45 fee to come out of our bank accounts and then after that month $30 (around there) for 5 years, a month and then the $5 a month for a lifetime. We went to this place maybe 4 times in 1 week and then we realized how distugsting it was and dirty.

Ok there were naked women kissing in the bathrooms, how gross. Not to mention the facilities were terrible and there was nothing that they say you get, like trainers and classes. I ended up getting a $90 automatic deduction from my account, I didn't know they were going to charge me for my friend! i wrote them numerous letters stating that I wanted to cancel this TRIAL membership and the real one after, they never responded. They seriously screwed me, their stupid premiere credit company harasses the sh** out of me, at home, school, and work, they are so embarassing.

They want some where around $3,700 from me. I do not know what to do I have filed a complaint with the BBB and they are taking forever to get back to me. I am 22 years old now and really don't need to be dealing with these lies and garbage. As of March 2002 I am paying them $50 a month to get them off my back, how can they get away with this????????? They aren't even worth how much it costs to mail them a payment!

Grosse Pointe, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2002 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bally-Total-fitness/st-clair-shores-Michigan-48080/Bally-Total-fitness-ripoff-tricked-and-lied-to-us-St-Clair-Shores-Michigan-18729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally Total fitness