functional

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: fraudreport — Denver Colorado United States of America
Ballys Total Fitness
720 Colorado Blvd Denver, Colorado United States of America

Ballys Total Fitness Tell Them What You Want, Then They Cheat You Denver, Colorado

I walked into the Bally Total Fitness on Colorado Blvd in Denver and specifically asked for a one year membership. All I wanted was one year, but the guy signs me up for one year with automatic recurring charges every year on my debit card. Guess I was too stupid to read the fine print. What if the card expires in that year? Do you know what your checking account balance is going to be a year from now? Nobody does and the charge could bounce. Do you know when they put the charge on my card? One day before rent was due so they were pretty sure it would not bounce. Good thing I noticed it and had the money in my account or my rent check would have bounced. About a month before they put this on my card they sent me a letter stating that they were going to charge me 228 dollars and that the only way I could stop it was to call their 1800 number. So I called their number and the lady on the phone lied to me and told me they just sent those letters out to try to get people to renew-that I would not be charged. Well guess what I was. I have nothing in writing and that sucks. So I called Wells Fargo and filed a fraud report. Do not join Bally Total fitness under any circumstances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ballys-Total-Fitness/Denver-Colorado-/Ballys-Total-Fitness-Tell-Them-What-You-Want-Then-They-Cheat-You-Denver-Colorado-975977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ballys Total Fitness