Complaint Review: Bally's Total Fitness

• Submitted: Wed, January 17, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, January 17, 2007

• Reported By:North Miami Florida
Bally's Total Fitness
3455 NE 207th Street Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Bally's Total Fitness Employees lie to get you to sign. Bally's Total Fitness is a Total loss. Don't sign! Ripoff Miami Florida

I went to Bally's to try their gym because I saw an advertisement for a $19 dollar "month-to-month" membership. When I got there an employee, Luis Lasso, took me to his office. I told him of the ad and he said yea sure and that would be fine. So he told me he would need to take the payment out of my account as normal procedure. Then we signed the contract and I told him that I knew someone who might be interested in signing up with me. He said that I would be discounted for the first month if I could get him to sign up. So together we paid about $13 bucks for the first month. Luis Lasso said that the second month would cost around 30 dollars. I understood that this was a month to month contract as we discussed in his office so I was not worried about the second payment...thought I'd cross that bridge when I got to it-if I ended up liking the gym and working out there.

Unfortunately, Luis's intentions were somewhere else. He was aware that the contract he had me sign did NOT coincide with what he had explained to me. He was aware of how many people had signed contracts with Bally's before-probably with him- that were deceived and angry that they had signed over 2,000 dollars away over the course of 36 months.

When I got an overdraft charge on my checking account one day (a month after signing my "month to month" contract) I inquired to the bank as to whom had withdrew the money...Bally's! I quickly went to my records and saw that the contract I had signed was for 36 months!! I immediately called the Bally's to which I joined and asked for Luis Lasso. Apparently, he didn't work there anymore according to the employee on the phone. I think that guy on the phone (Renaldo or something) told me that Luis had relocated to another Bally's. Probably a promotion from all of the bogus commission he's been making ripping off customers. I asked the employee on the phone after telling him of my situation, "What so you guys just trick people into signing a contract". As to which he replied, "Not all of the employee here do that, just some of them".

I was tricked, plain and simple. Even though I did sign the contract saying 36 months, I feel that this Bally's employee is liable as he knew my wishes, yet it was his interests in his personal gain to DECIEVE me into signing something we never even talked about. The contract I thought I was signing-the month to month one- was not the same one I signed. I want out, didn't even know I was in- but after reading all of these reviews about how Bally's scams people left and right-even people who never signed up at all have found Bally's hitting up their checking accounts-I'm pretty sure it's not going to be so easy to get out of this one even if my reasons are legit and within the contract. I would rather pay a lawyer.

Please contact me if anyone has dealt with these cases or this company before. To anybody else Bally's Total Fitness is a total loss!! Don't make the same mistake.

Kristen
North Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2007 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ballys-Total-Fitness/Miami-Florida-33180/Ballys-Total-Fitness-Employees-lie-to-get-you-to-sign-Ballys-Total-Fitness-is-a-Total-l-231101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally's Total Fitness