Complaint Review: Bally's Total Fitness

• Submitted: Sun, August 19, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, August 19, 2007

• Reported By:Bronx New York
Bally's Total Fitness
12440 Imperial Hwy,Suite 300 Norwalk, California U.S.A.

Bally's Total Fitness Trial Membership Scam Norwalk California

In March of 2004 I saw a 2 week promotion for Ballys Total fitness in The New York Post. I thought that was great. I wanted to try it and see if I liked the gym. I went to the Fordham Road location and presented them the coupon from the paper. I was given a contract to sign that read I was on a trial memebership for 2 weeks and must attend the gym 12 times. If I wasn't totally satisfied I can cancel with no cost or obligation to me.

At that time the Fordham Road location was still in construction and it wasn't due to open until May. I went to the Riverdale location and didn't like it there due to overcrowding, long wait for the machines and a long commute. I then went to the coop city location which was also a long commute from my home and found the same problem. I went to the gym 12 times as per the agreement and went to the Fordham Road location where I signed up originally to cancel my trial membership. I was told that I had to call Bally's and Fax a letter of cancellation and a copy of my membership card. I did so and thought that was the end of that. Then I received a letter stating that I owed $2,740.00 and that they will freeze my bank account if I didn't pay them. They froze my bank account and now I have no money. When I called the lawyers Sharon & Lipsky who froze my bank account they were very rude and kept saying I had to pay the debt. They didn't believe that I had a trial period and said that I had to pay. This gym is a scam. If there is anyone out there who can help me I would really appreciate it.

Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2007 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ballys-Total-Fitness/Norwalk-California-90650/Ballys-Total-Fitness-Trial-Membership-Scam-Norwalk-California-268669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bally's Total Fitness