Complaint Review: Ballys Total Fitness

• Submitted: Sun, March 19, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, October 26, 2005

• Reported By:Tucson AZ
Ballys Total Fitness
Everywhere Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Bally's Total Fitness the most dirty and thieving people in the fitness world Tucson Arizona

*Consumer Comment: I agree with you.

*Consumer Comment: Keeping my fingers crossed!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Check the Contract

These are truly the most dirty and thieving people in the fitness world. They sold me a contract and then refused to honor the promises they made. After consulting with a lawyer I realized I was on the losing end. It even states on the contract that I can not sue them for any negligent behavior on there behalf. As a matter of fact a sales rep. can promise you the world and he has no obligation to follow through once you sign on the dotted line. Please DO NOT JOIN BALLY'S, there plenty of other gyms out there who will respect there clients and treat them with dignity,

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Bally Total Fitness

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ballys-Total-Fitness/Tucson-Arizona/Ballys-Total-Fitness-the-most-dirty-and-thieving-people-in-the-fitness-world-Tucson-Arizo-1605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ballys Total Fitness

I agree with you.

AUTHOR: Theresa - (U.S.A.)

i agree with you, they some crooks!!!!!!!!! They got me good too. Bally is going to go down.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

AUTHOR: Derek - (U.S.A.)

I stumbled upon this website just 3 days AFTER purchasing a membership at Ballys fitness in Tucson! I am not sure if I will be residing in Tucson for the entire year so I was hesitant to buy a year contract. The salesman assured me that my membership will be accepted all across the U.S. He seemed kind of shady when selling me the contract. Now I am worried that I got hosed over. I will keep you updated on how this membership plays out over the next year.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Check the Contract

AUTHOR: Carson - ()

Health clubs in Arizona must comply with the
Arizona Revised Statutes which require specific
disclosures.

Check ARS 44-1793 to see if your contract meets
these requirements. If not, contact your local
consumer affairs office. The Attorney General
has a consumer protection division but in reality
when it comes to small complaints involving little
money, they probably won't do much.

You can find the ARS listings at:
www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/ars.htm