- Report: #322624
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Ballys Total Fitness
Ballys Total FitnessScottsdale AZ Nationwide U.S.A.
Bally Total Fitness Credit history screwed up after cancelling the membership. Scottsdale Arizona
1. On the day i signed the contract and began the membership at the very center, my wife and i came to know that she was pregnant. That was the first instance when her body showed some symptoms of pregnancy. - Jul-Aug 2006.
2. My US work permit was going to end in Mar 2007.
3. Not sure why they made me sign the contract if me being in US was in definitive.
4. In Sept i went back to cancel my membership, since by then i was sure it's going to be of no use. I did not use my membership even once. I spoke to General Manager. He was helpful and said he would work on canceling my membership and i needed to submit my Travel documents. I provided him a copy of my travel documents.
5. He canceled my ETR (monthly installments) immediately.
6. My wife is having a tough pregnancy - throwing up all the time and admitted to hospital twice due to dehydration.
7. I keep getting calls from Bally's asking me to pay the balance. I refuse. They threaten to Screw up my credit history. I went back to Scottsdale Bally center and spoke to manager. He asked me to provide one way ticket back to India to cancel membership.
8. My company filed for extension. I am waiting for approval. Not sure of my return dates. No tickets. The manager said he will try his best to cancel.
9. I end up paying monthly dues scared of where Bally's will screw up my membership.
10. Now it is April 2007 and my membership is officially not canceled. The manager is moved to a different location. My wife delivers. I got the most cruel and gruesome call from Bally's . The Customer agent asks me to pay up or face the consequence.
11. In stead of the earlier manger. the New manager promised me he would help resolve the issues.
12. The Manager talks to area manager and here and there.. asks me to provide documents again and I did that. - May 2007. 1 month old baby at home and i have to face this music.
13. Jun 2007- He promises that everything is taken care - I need to switch to Month over month and my earlier contract deemed canceled. I asked him if i need to make any payments or clear any balances. He said the only thing i needed to do was pay the new membership fees again ofcourse and not to worry about the old one.. it is all taken care of.
14. Jan 2008 - I make some plans to invest run my credit report to see that Bally's remark saying i that my payments are 90 days due.
15. I drop my plans of investing. Realize in a big mess.
16. Since then following up with various parties to resolve this issue.
17. Nothing has happened so far. I am unable to make use of current market situation due to Bally's messing up my credit history.
18. I am seeking out help from any one ( NO FEES involved) to resolve this issue. A class act or may be a small fees. More on humanest behavior and help.
What is my fault that i have to face this music.
Thanks for reading through...
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2008 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ballys-Total-Fitness/nationwide/Bally-Total-Fitness-Credit-history-screwed-up-after-cancelling-the-membership-Scottsdale-322624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.