Complaint Review: Ballys Total Fittness

• Submitted: Thu, March 02, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 28, 2006

• Reported By:Cadillac Michigan
Ballys Total Fittness
Po Box 2036 Warren, Michigan U.S.A.

Bally's Total Fitness ripoff this company fraudulently sued me and has lied Warren Michigan

*Author of original report: case thrown out

I signed up for a membership with Bally's Fittness Center in Flint MI in 1997-1998. A few months after getting the membership I relocated to Cadillac, MI. I called the company to cancel my membership and the lady I spoke with told me it would be cancelled because there wasn't a Bally's within 20 miles from my new address.
Today I recieved in the mail from my employer, a Request and Writ for Garnishment. they sued me in Rochester District Court on 1-30-2003. I never recieved anything telling me I had to show up in court in 2003. Believe me, if I had I would have been there.

Now I have to go to court and fight this corrupt business and there high priced lawyer myself. I am no lawyer, and hope the facts will speak for themselves. I can't believe the courts are letting this company do this to people. I am pretty sure that they are required by law to tell the person that they are suing that they are to be in court. If there is anyone with advice, or if this has happened to you, please e-mail or call me, leave a message if no answer. Thank you for letting me vent.

Brandon
Cadillac, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2006 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ballys-Total-Fittness/Warren-Michigan-48090/Ballys-Total-Fitness-ripoff-this-company-fraudulently-sued-me-and-has-lied-Warren-Michig-179039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ballys Total Fittness

case thrown out

AUTHOR: Brandon - (U.S.A.)

I went to court as scheduled. Their lawyer showed up and asked that we come to an agreement. He offered to drop the balance from $1350.00 to $1000.00. I offered them the money they have already taken from my check, about $325.00. We settled on $350.00. I am out $350.00, but saved $1000.00.