qualified

• Submitted: Thu, March 16, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 16, 2006

• Reported By:Forest Hill Maryland
Bambergers AKA Macys Credit
White Marsh Mall, Baltimore, MD Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

Bambergers AKA Macys Credit An employee used my credit card without my knowledge. Information was altered on the account and I was charged unfairly. Baltimore Maryland

I had a Bambergers(macy's) credit card and always paid my bill on time, and only made small purchases. I used the card one day and the balance was $30.00. An employee at the store used the credit card number to purchase about $250.00 worth of merchandise and then conveniently changed the address so that I would not get the bill. A year later, I received a summons that Macy's was suing me for $400.00, which included late fees and interest on the bill from the person using my card. I had to get a lawyer to convince Macy's to settle out of court for the money and I immediately contacted the credit department with very little luck. Their attitude was that I had fabricated the story about someone else using the card and that I would have to produce the credit slip in question to prove that I did not purchase the merchandise. After numerous phone calls, I requested that the credit slip from the preceeding year be photocopied and mailed. When they did this, they attached a letter of apology, and a directed me to report to their business office for a refund, NOT including the finance charges and interest.

When I went to the office for my refund, I promptly requested that my account be closed. They actually had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to open another account!

Sue
Forest Hill, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2006 09:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bambergers-AKA-Macys-Credit/Baltimore-Maryland-21134/Bambergers-AKA-Macys-Credit-An-employee-used-my-credit-card-without-my-knowledge-Informa-181657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bambergers AKA Macys Credit