Complaint Review: Banana Republic Credit Card Services

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Linda — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Banana Republic Credit Card Services
Orlando, Florida United States of America

Banana Republic Credit Card Services GEMB False Charges on Credit Card Orlando, Florida

I can't even begin to express my frustration.  My then 18 year daughter opened a Banana Republic Credit Card in late 2010.  She made a few purchases and then we paid off her card.  Four months later we received a bill saying we owed $118 for a $19.00 charge made at Old Navy.  The $118 included late charges.  We tried to dispute to no avail.  Finally, in May of this year, my daughter and I paid off the bill of $188.00 (we overpaid just to make sure no hidden charges).

Well today we received a bill from Banana Republic and the statement reflected that they credited the $188 dollars and then turned around and charged it as purchases so in essence reversed the payment into purchases and added late fees and are now saying we owe $227.00.

This is making me really upset to the point of crying because (1) we don't owe them the money and (2) they are continuing to ruin my daughter's credit report with these charges.

We can't talk to no one because they are unhelpful. I have all the documentation that we paid them.

Please from our opinion and belief, this company is so wrong and needs to correct this situation immediately as my daughter is only 18 and I have taught her to make sure her credit is always stellar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 12:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banana-Republic-Credit-Card-Services/Orlando-Florida-32896/Banana-Republic-Credit-Card-Services-GEMB-False-Charges-on-Credit-Card-Orlando-Florida-741356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banana Republic Credit Card Services