Complaint Review: Banana Republic

• Submitted: Fri, April 01, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 01, 2005

• Reported By:Phila Pennsylvania
Banana Republic
5900 North Meadows Drive Grove City, Ohio U.S.A.

Banana Republic Ripoff Did not send statements ($88.00); no correspondance till collection co. reported charge off on credit dropping my credit dropped100pts cost me a LOT of money Grove City Ohio

I had a Banana Republic credit card forever. I decided to use it once in April 2004. Never heard from them.

Called them, along with everyone else when I moved in JUly 2004 to change my address. Found I had a bill (I had forgotten)...paid half. Again...no statements. Not one.

Then in March I received something from a collection co for 88.00! I immediatly called them. They confirmed they had my address. When I asked why I never received a bill they said I was mistaken! I asked to speak to someone to a manager. I was transfered to the collection co. I called back several times...everytime I was transfered to the collection co.

The collection co stated I had better pay (I was going to anyway) or it would go on my credit report. Before I paid I pulled my report...to see they reported me x90 days + and it was a charge off! Moreover, my credit score dropped at least 100 points.

No wonder I was being declined for credit! It cost me money everywhere...on other credit cards...at my bank in bounced check fees (I was declined for checking account protection.)

It will be on there for who knows how long. I really can't dispute it...for $88.00!

Jennifer
Phila, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2005 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banana-Republic/Grove-City-Ohio-43123-8476/Banana-Republic-Ripoff-Did-not-send-statements-8800-no-correspondance-till-collection-137178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banana Republic