Complaint Review: Banana Republic

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Quincy Massachusetts
Banana Republic
www.bananarepublic.com Grove City, Ohio U.S.A.

Banana Republic This company makes a huge mistake, admits wrong doing, apologizes but takes no responsibility, then destroys customers credit. Hyannis, Massachusetts

I was contacted by a collection agency which was shocking because I have exceptional credit. I was told that two years ago I had taken out a charge card with Banana Republic. This was news to me. I did not recall doing so, had never seen a charge card or bill. I called customer service and was told that two years prior I had taken out a charge but their clerk documented the wrong address and so they could not contact me. As a result they sent my unpaid debt of $37.40 to a collection agency. This debt was sold three times and has creeped up to close to $300.00. I've called customer services at Banana Republic and they are so apologetic. They have actually said that it is their fault but "there is nothing they can do about it." One of these dim-witted souls actually told me that if I paid off the debt collectors, she'd reinstate me. Like I'd ever go back there again! Another customer service rep told me that I should file a dispute with Experian. Still another told me that I should bargain hard for a lesser bill. This is the advice from the people who got me into this mess in the first place. Better yet is that the collectors who keep bothering me at work, have told me that this happens with Banana Republic all the time. I am very upset. This is wrong!

Susan
Quincy, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 10:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banana-Republic/Grove-City-Ohio-43123-8476/Banana-Republic-This-company-makes-a-huge-mistake-admits-wrong-doing-apologizes-but-take-386874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banana Republic