tool

• Submitted: Sat, February 07, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 10, 2009

• Reported By:Pelham Alabama
Banfield In Petsmart
Montgomery Hwy Hoover, Alabama U.S.A.

Banfield In Petsmart My dog almost died or could have been paralized Hoover Alabama

*Consumer Comment: VETERINARIAN and VETERANS ADMINISTRATION are 2 TOTALLY different things!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Robert re-read the post!

*Consumer Comment: What does this have to do with the VA?!

This started last year with Banfield. I have had the insurance for over 4 years on 2 pets. I called last year to cancel because of the wrong info given by an office manager and the doctor not coming out and explaining my dogs condition. I filed a complaint decided to keep the insurance if this dr. stayed away from my DOGS because she has no HEART for animals and the office manager at that time give me wrong INFO.

Well this year I have had the insurance for one month my dog had his check up and got seriously ill was almost paralized if I had not gotten him to the local emergency clinic he could have DIED my dogs are my life I called to cancel was told IT was no problem, the dr called that owns it said she approved and was sorry now they are harrassing me with phone calls saying I OWE.

I dont owe anything I lost 2 days of work and almost lost my dog. this is very serious. Per two vets they give shots you are not suppose to administor. There is one shot that has not been given in 8 years yet they give it. ONe vet said they almost killed a 3lb poodle. They have no heart.

People should not be taken advantage of I gog insurance because my cocker of 14 years had a heart condition that made me work 3 jobs to pay for it so when I got my 2 new pets I took out the insurance. They need to drop this, give me my files and leave me alone. I might need help but I want to warn people DO NOT go to BANFIELD and DO NOT GET THEIR INSURANCe they are not worth going to, they do not care it is a rip off all that want is your money and then constantly tell you their are problems with your animals when there is not.

Also their office managers do not need to give info on animals if they dont know she told me my animal was mixed up with another animal and given anestesia and I called her back and she said they were mixed then when the dr. calls that DID NOT see my animal she said EMily feels bad for giving out the wrong INFO. then corporate said I have a good case and the insurnace is cancelled the dr.

who owns the location calls and says she hates to lose us but she approves the cancellation now they want a cancellation fee and the fee from the other day of $475 which both vets said they are unncessary charges that alot of charges are included in office visits. This place is a bunch of BULL. DONT FALL FOR IT!!!

Ann
Pelham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 11:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banfield-In-Petsmart/Hoover-Alabama-35216/Banfield-In-Petsmart-My-dog-almost-died-or-could-have-been-paralized-Hoover-Alabama-421552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banfield In Petsmart

VETERINARIAN and VETERANS ADMINISTRATION are 2 TOTALLY different things!!!

AUTHOR: Savvy Consumer - (U.S.A.)

Ok, I'm with Robert on this one. I believe there has been some confusion between a veterinarian, a doctor for animals; and a Veteran, a person who has served in the armed forces. The Veterans Administration has nothing to do with your average person's pet's animal health care.

As a very proud wife of a Veteran, I find this mistake rather interesting!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Robert re-read the post!

AUTHOR: Pardel - (U.S.A.)

Am I missing it? I do not see anything in this posters post about the VA? She is talking about a vet office not a VA office.

What does this have to do with the VA?!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Please tell me the Vetran's Administration has something to do with your dog.