Complaint Review: Banfield Pet Hospital

• Submitted: Sun, July 29, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, October 11, 2008

• Reported By:Noblesville Indiana
Banfield Pet Hospital
banfield.net Noblesville, Indiana U.S.A.

Banfield Pet Hospital - Banfield - Petsmart Careless Vet & staff, Only care about MONEY Noblesville Indiana

*Consumer Comment: I must respectfully disagree

I have had numerous problems with this vet "Dr. Usha," but this last visit really ticked me off. I have been ordering my pets meds through a reputable online pet pharmacy because it's cheaper (even with shipping). All they ask is that I need a written prescription from my vet, Banfield. When I went in to ask Banfield to write me a written prescription for the online pharmacy (for heartworm prevention), Dr. Usha told me that they charge patients $12.75 now JUST to WRITE a prescription!!

Dr. Usha told me that there are too many people using online pharmacies to buy their pet meds instead of buying them from Banfield, which is "taking away from my income," she says. Everytime I've gone in there she ALWAYS tries to over-prescribe meds (and I know this because I've gotten opinions from other vets thereafter).

The last thing that gets me is that this vet once told me that she, a freakin veterinarian, doesn't have ANY pets herself because "they are too big of a responsibility and too expensive." Funny, I would think she's making a pretty penny from all the phoney fees and extra prescriptions she's been charging all her patients. My advice would be to use the pet clinic in Noblesville next to the Humane Society (they're actually cheaper for the same services).

Fed up
Noblesville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2007 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banfield-Pet-Hospital/Noblesville-Indiana-46060/Banfield-Pet-Hospital-Banfield-Petsmart-Careless-Vet-staff-Only-care-about-MONEY-No-264032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banfield Pet Hospital

I must respectfully disagree

AUTHOR: Lillian - (U.S.A.)

We've had a lot of good experiences with Banfield in Noblesville. The doctor is very caring and thorough and very available. After Macey's spay, when she popped a stitch on on Saturday, we were able to take her right in.

They offer a plan that is affordable to us where we get unlimited visits for a nominal fee. When they prescribed medication for our two dogs over the course of this past year, I did not see that those expenses were prohibitive. Also, she caught Gizmo's ear infection, which was pretty bad, for which we are grateful.

So, your complaint just addressed our favorite vet and I had to speak up and let you know, I disagree with your complaint. She's a good vet.

Lillian