Complaint Review: Banfield Pet Hospital

• Updated: Mon, March 11, 2013

• Reported By: hornerandy1 — Portland Oregon United States of America
Banfield Pet Hospital
9450 SE 82nd Avenue Portland, Oregon United States of America

Banfield Pet Hospital Mistreated dogs and gave shots with dirty needles Portland, Oregon

I took my two chihuahuas into Banfield to get their routine annual shots and such. While we were there it was strongly suggested that both dogs needed a teeth cleaning ASAP. We were talked into purchasing wellness plans for both dogs as it would save us money. Shortly after this visit both our dogs became sick, one with what seemed to be and later diagnosed as kennel cough, the other became very lethargic and wouldn't eat. We took him back and they said his anal glands were full of some chunky substance, cleaned them out gave him a shot of antibiotics and sent us home. We were back with him a day and a half later. He was worse. They thought he had pancreatitis and wanted to keep him overnight. They called me later and said he didn't have pancreatitis but were treating him for it anyhow. The next day I thought he seemed better but as it turned out he wanted away from them. When I brought him home he hid under the kitchen table and growled at me for several days. During all this I took my other dog to a different vet and he was diagnosed with kennel cough, most likely from Banfield using dirty needles on him. He was treated and released and is doing much better. I took my other dog to that same vet and they said the same about the dirty needles. They also told me that he was extremely manhandled and mistreated. He would eventually come out of it. His diagnosis turned out to be a virus from receiving a shot with a dirty needle too. I wanted to cancel the two wellness plans however they turned around and charged me for the discounts received and actually ended up only refunding a very small portion of the plans that were not used. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau however it didnt go anywhere.I would strongly suggest that you do not take you pet to Banfield if you love them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2013 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banfield-Pet-Hospital/Portland-Oregon-97086/Banfield-Pet-Hospital-Mistreated-dogs-and-gave-shots-with-dirty-needles-Portland-Oregon-1027005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banfield Pet Hospital