Complaint Review: Banfield The Animal Hospital

• Updated: Mon, October 04, 2010

• Reported By: Rick S. — Ranson West Virginia United States of America
Banfield The Animal Hospital
2310 Legge Blvd Winchester, Virginia United States of America

Banfield The Animal Hospital Gives Unecessary Medication / Phony Quotes / Outrageous Prices / Scam Artists!!! Winchester, Virginia

Had a similar experience, took both my basset hounds to Banfield, in Winchester, VA. Was quoted a price of approximately $300.00 to enroll both dogs in wellness plans and to obtain heart worm meds. Vet, Jaswinder Saini, came into exam room, proceeded to tell me both dogs needed all vaccinations and they were both ill. None of which was true, I had their records with me, proving they didn't any vaccines until 5/11. While I had my arms around my pet, to protect him, he vaccinated him anyway! I was outraged, and told him I wanted to leave immediately. I asked him what my bill was, and he informed me it was $750.45! I accused him of running up the bill and he laughed at me. I went out to the receptionist, who informed me if I did not pay the bill, she was going to call the police. She also insisted on payment with a credit card. I went to my car to get my wallet and when I returned, she told me the doctor had decided to un-enroll us in the wellness plan because, "We didn't appreciate his professional opinion", and that the bill was now $926.38! I had no other choice but to pay the bill, so I could take my dogs and leave. BEWARE!!! Do Not go to any of these facilities!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2010 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banfield-The-Animal-Hospital/Winchester-Virginia-22601/Banfield-The-Animal-Hospital-Gives-Unecessary-Medication-Phony-Quotes-Outrageous-Pric-647472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banfield The Animal Hospital