Complaint Review: Banfield

• Updated: Mon, November 21, 2011

• Reported By: Danari — Cary North Carolina United States of America
Banfield
New Banfield in Morrisville cary, North Carolina United States of America

Banfield The Non Value Added Charges... Are paying for their cost of doing business over and over again? cary, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Vet charges

*Consumer Comment: Hard to see the RipOff

I have been a client for over 5 years and while I value the benefit of having a plan that helps us to offset the cost of care for our pet, it is also obvious that Banfields business model has changed from an affordable service with added value to the pet & the customer to an "added charges business model". Every time I take my pet for a service there is big list of fees here & there that are truly their "COST OF DOING BUSINESS" that should not be passed to the customer. I took my dog to clean his teeth, he had a mole that I wanted to remove as he was under anesthesia. when the nurse called me with the final $$ amount we were talking about almost $330 between the removal, the test, suture, the gloves, disposing of the mole, medication, anal glands, flea treatment you name it... what is wrong with them ? I was not going to purchase another dog.. .this is unacceptable. These are some expenses that the customer should not be affording for them on an individual basis. Add up the disposal fee of $10 for every animal they treat. They are profiting from this instead of offsetting cost. This should be the cost of maintaining their business which we are paying with the monthly plan plus added value services. This is unacceptable and unethical and it should not be tolerated. A couple of years ago, my dog had another mole removed and it cost me $60 plus medicines... what has changed? The process is the same, the procedure is the same, and the service is the same... then why they are charging 3 to 4 times more now? This is unethical as it seems to be a practice to rip off people. With this economy, this is unacceptable and unethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2011 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Banfield/cary-North-Carolina-27513/Banfield-The-Non-Value-Added-Charges-Are-paying-for-their-cost-of-doing-business-over-800350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Banfield

Vet charges

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

And just WHAT was the Vet's response when you voiced your concerns at the office ?  You DID mentioned all of these complaints to the Vet, didn't you ??  Seriously, exactly how else will the Vet know that you are unhappy ??   Well....if you DID NOT talk with your Vet, then you have no right to come to this forum with your whining.

Again, if you DID voice your unhappiness with your Vet, what did he/she have to say ??  You failed to mention THAT  in your report, didn't you ????  Cretin.

Hard to see the RipOff

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

First of all if it is the "Cost of doing business" the companies don't pay these costs..the consumer does.  You can do this in any number of ways.  For example they can either increase their prices across the board to pay for all of the "overhead" or charge you for the "overhead" individually.

Also, your comparison on prices seems to be comparing "Apples and Oranges"

- Two years ago it was a mole only and you didn't even include the cost of the medicine, we don't even know if it was under GA or not.   But the $330 included not only the mole, but appears to have included a teeth cleaning and flea treatment, AND medicines.

Since I, and probably you as well, have no idea what the actual "overhead" of a vet is it is hard to say if they are profiting off of these costs or not.  But if you don't agree with their prices then you need to find a new vet.