Complaint Review: Bank Card USA

• Submitted: Fri, December 29, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, April 11, 2008

• Reported By:Texarkana Arkansas
Bank Card USA
5701 Lindero Cyn Rd Westlake Village, California U.S.A.

Bank Card USA - Daniel Start they do not comply with the terms of their agreement - withold funds by freezing my account without telling me - lie to me Westlake Village California

*UPDATE Employee: Not true

*UPDATE Employee: BankCard USA Rebuttal

*Consumer Suggestion: Bankcard USA and JP Morgan Chase

A few months ago my business partner signed a contract with Bank Card USA for credit card processing. Bank Card USA's contract stated they would deposit all funds into our bank account within 48 hours of each transaction.

The first deposit they made in our bank took six days the second deposit took seven days. Two other deposits were made, each taking six to seven days.

Two days ago we learned that none of the money we had run on our credit card machine from mid December through the Christmas holidays had been deposited.

I called Bank Card USA and asked a customer service reprosentative what the problem was. He informed me that they had frozen my account in mid December. He then transferred me to their risk management department for further information. I left four messages with risk management that day and to this date no one from that department has returned my calls.

Yesterday, Daniel Start from Bank Card USA did call me. During our lengthly conversation he informed me my account had been frozen because I had run a credit card for more than $300.00.

My contract does not state that I am limited to $300.00 transactions or that Bank Card USA has the right to withold moneys from my account.

Daniel Start stated that my credit was better than my business partners and that if I would sign a new contract with Bank Card USA they would release our moneys to our account. He also stated that he would withold all my money for up to 180 days if I did not sign the contract.

There was a lot said during our conversation. Basically I had no confidence that anything Daniel Start said was true. Bottom line is that Bank Card USA owes me thousands of dollars and refuses to give me my money. When I told Daniel Start I had spoken to my attorney he told me there was nothing my attorney could do about this.

Bank Card USA's contract means nothing to them. They have not kept any part of it. I had no idea that a company as large as VISA/Mastercard would allow people like this to reprosent them.

I'm a small business owner with bills to pay. It seems I purchased merchandise and worked long hours to sell it so some slick talking California company could steal it all from me. And then they want to hold my money hostage until they get my name on a contract. We already have a contract.

I wish I had never heard of Bank Card USA or Daniel Start.

You might want to think twice before you do business with these people.

L.b.
Texarkana, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Card-USA/Westlake-Village-California-91362/Bank-Card-USA-Daniel-Start-they-do-not-comply-with-the-terms-of-their-agreement-withol-227857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Card USA

Not true

AUTHOR: Bank Card - (U.S.A.)

This accusation is totally fulse first of all our company held his funds do to him not abiding by his contract and his funds were placed on hold because he would not provided documentation on the transactions, so we held them until he did so. when he had set up the account he didnt get approved do to bad credit so he put someone else on there for the signer he ended up having his manager sign just to get his account going, so he was told that he could only run small ticket transaction through the machine and he did not do that he did transactions over and over again incorrectly so it ended up in our risk department long story short he was upset with us when it was his fault he didn't stick to the contract. and secondly he does not own the business anymore.

BankCard USA Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

We are in receipt of a correspondence from the above referenced merchant. In reviewing the attached complaint, we have concluded to the following:

1. We opened up a merchant account for this merchant to allow their business to accept credit cards from their customers. They were approved and the merchant started processing transactions.

The merchant's funds were held in our Risk Department pending verification of the transaction. Once the transactions has been verified, their funds will be released. Our Risk Department will call the merchant and request for additional information.

Additionally, funds are held when a merchant goes over their approved volume and ticket. This is also for the merchant's protection to protect them from fraud or any stolen credit cards.

Please have the merchant refer to a copy of their signed merchant agreement. A copy is also listed online at www.busams.com. Or you can have the merchant contact us directly at 800-589-8200.

Thank you.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Bankcard USA and JP Morgan Chase

AUTHOR: Marykelly - (U.S.A.)

Dear Rip-off Readers:

Afew weeks ago I wrote a report about Lease Finance Group. Under the pile of corporate paper chase is a connection and that connection is the corporate ownership of JP Morgan, Chase.

I suggest that you contact the Attorney General in either your State, or the State in which this fraud took place. BankCard USA;s fraud upon NEw England Work's took place through Lease Finance Group, located in Chicago, The AG in Illinois took this case to task, and BankCard as well as Lease Finance Group are having to answer for their actions.

Go at it! We, like you are a new business, and the manner in which we have been harmed is unacceptable and illegal. All involved belong in JAIL!! The AG will assist you.

Good luck in the days ahead and hang in there!!!

Mary