Complaint Review: Bank Freedom , Meta Bank

• Submitted: Mon, May 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, August 17, 2011

• Reported By:Crescent City Florida
Bank Freedom , Meta Bank
17595 Harvard Suite C #3250 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Bank Freedom ,Meta Bank Holding Funds, EXTREMELY POOR customer service...NOT RECOMMENDED Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: BankFreedom

Let me start off by saying this is a pre-paid debit Mastercard. Not only does Bank Freedom charge $9.95 MONTHLY for the card, but unless you use a direct deposit option, it also costs $4.95 just to add funds to the card.

With that being said, I am a Bank Freedom cardmember...albeit for not too much longer. With existing funds on my card I initiated new service with DIRECTV. DIRECTV did a pre-authorization transaction on the card for service - it was NOT a purchase. After inquiring with DIRECTV, they assured me the funds would be released in approximately 3 days. Well, not with Bank Freedom.

It is going on 4 weeks now, and after several attempts to contact customer service via email AND the toll free number, I recieved an email informing me they can hold the funds for up to 60 days...unless DIRECTV contacts them via fax on company letterhead ect. DIRECTV humored me and did so 5+ days ago...and the funds are STILL being held. Now when I try to contact Bank Freedom, the emails bounce back as "user unknown".

While we aren't talking a great deal of money - it's a hold for $25 - it's still belongs to me as I deposited it to the card. I'm an unemployed single mother with a special needs child. Now when I am in desperate need of those funds, I can't access a dime.

I DO NOT recommend Bank Freedom in any capacity for any reason.

Sophienaustin
Crescent City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2009 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Freedom-Meta-Bank/Irvine-California-92614/Bank-Freedom-Meta-Bank-Holding-Funds-EXTREMELY-POOR-customer-serviceNOT-RECOMMENDED-I-455138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Freedom , Meta Bank

BankFreedom

AUTHOR: Curt D - (United States of America)

They have gotten alot better after dropping Meta Bank. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT get a GreenDot card!!! One horror story after another and, the BBB does NOTHING!

and

and

Wishing you all the best of luck!