Complaint Review: Bank Of America - BofA

• Submitted: Sat, July 24, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, July 24, 2010

• Reported By:tangent Oregon U.S.A.
Bank Of America - BofA
albany, Oregon United States of America

Bank Of America - BofA do they realy need my money albany, Oregon

*Consumer Comment: By all means...

*Consumer Comment: financially irresponsible

*Consumer Comment: This is a joke right...

My wife and I have been loyal customers of BofA for ten years now, and recently we found out that our bank has been having a feild day with our money. It seems they have been charging us a fee of $8.95 a month for our account. And the truth is they were not to charging us a dime. How did we find this out,our bank rated on themselves. One day I went into our bank to make a deposit to our account, because the bank told us we were overdrawn, when in fact we by all rights were not overdrawn. Why, because when we opened our account, we had a direct deposit account, a my access account. which we were not to be chargied a monthly fee for this account. according to the Albany branch, bank manager. we were not happy to find out that after I reviewed our bank moneystatements for the past ten years, since we  opened the my access account.

So I decided to contact the bank who wrote us a letter, telling us that they were going to refund the money they had stole from us, but they would only pay us for the past three years. they sent a check for over three hundred dollars. Well what a surprise, but being money motivated that just would not cover what they think they could get away with. I said no way and reported them to the OCC, for fraud, since they stole ten years of our money I want every dime back. This may be impossible to sum, but whenever our economy is in dier straights, these banks thinks its ok to do what ever it needs to do to make up for their bad, and to use its customers money without the customer to notice is downright criminal. ten years our bank BofA has been charging us. the letter they sent said they would  not pay us back for those ten years they stole from us.

So i filed another complaint with the OCC to get back the money they claim they will not pay back.

They never made claim that they would not charge us a fee, according to their rules, with this letter they sent a book of bank rules, that clearly do not state they wont charge a fee. then I began to read these rules they had sent us and right on the cover, i noticed that the book of banking pratices, was not the book we received is not the book we had gotten from the bank back in 2000, this book they sent was published in 2006.

Now who was not peying attention in class this morning, I know I was, but surely they bank was not. If they claim they charge a fee for my access account, then they need to produce the original booklet that came with our account, which should state that a fee, will be charged for a direct deposit account. and this book better show what the book I have from the bank, back in 2000. sometimes these people need a real waqke up and for the bank I thought i could trust, has just ruined it oun reputation, which went fron trusting to sleezy in a minute in a half.

So let them explain to the OCC, why their claim is different from mine, and see who cuts the last seven years they stole from us, oh yes this will include all fees we had been charged for on any overdrafts they made claim we had, within that ten years and any checks that they may have bounced and any fee's they thought they would get away with. then this sleezy no account bank who would not loan my wife a dime to buy a home, can kiss my mother f&^%ing ass. because my account with this bank shall be cloased and if they want to fight it out then the OCC will have their hands full. and I will get my money one way or anouther, if it means ruining this banks reputation. as if that would matter to them.

This is one of the banksthat begged for the american public to help bail them out and refused to loan us money to build a new home. What a peice of S^&t this bank turned out to be. Well we have had our fair share of their BS. And we will wait and see, if they think they wont have to pay us back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2010 01:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America-BofA/albany-Oregon-97321/Bank-Of-America-BofA-do-they-realy-need-my-money-albany-Oregon-626322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America - BofA

By all means...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

If BofA returns the rest of the fees you should post a scan of the check (minus your identifying information of course).

I doubt that you'll get too far with this but just out of curiosity- why did you never review your statements?

financially irresponsible

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You failed to balance your checkbook for ten years, which indicates you are financially irresponsible and therefore you do not deserve a home loan.

This is a joke right...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

and recently we found out that our bank has been having a feild day with our money. It seems they have been charging us a fee of $8.95 a month for our account....How did we find this out,our bank rated on themselves

This can not be a serious report.  You are going to have people believe that you were "smart" enough to keep your monthly statements for the last 10 years.  Yet during that time you did not once actually look at them to notice a Monthly Service charge.

Then you are to have us believe that even though this appears to be an active account(you said it shall be closed..not that it is closed) they went through the effort of sending you a check for the past 3 years instead of just putting the money directly into the account.

The OCC is a bridge between Consumers and Banks where you can request assistance and they can often help.  But I am sure that this "complaint" gave them a pretty good laugh.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC