Complaint Review: Bank Of America-Card Services

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:Opelika Alabama
Bank Of America-Card Services
www.bankofamerica.com West Point, Georgia U.S.A.

Bank Of America-Card Services WATCH OUT IF YOU HAVE A BOA CREDIT CARD (US National Card Service) West Point Georgia

This applies to ALL Bank of America credit card holders! I have been a loyal customer for 5+ years, albeit with a small credit limit but always paid on time, never a late charge and always paid much over my minimum payment. I check online banking all the time and today after I made a rather large payment a few days ago I noticed they reduced my limit by exactly the amount I had paid! I did this for a reason so I could use these funds to pay for services I needed! They never sent a letter warning me of these changes, nothing! Luckily I didn't go over (barely by $5) so I didn't incur any overage charges. Not that they would have done anything about that. It's like evicting a tenant effective yesterday.

When I called, (not surprised) there was nothing she could do about it and it was being done across all of their customers. She can't even guarantee it will not be reduced even more. Note to self: only pay minimum payment from now on out and never pay it off. Talk about unethical and how not to treat your customers who have used credit cards the way they were supposed to be used. Perhaps I should have just been reckless with it, charged up $10G on it and paid the min. payment.

I just wonder where the incentives are for customers who behave in a prudent financial manner. Yet another sign of our current times I presume. Be forewarned, check your statement online to make sure you don't go over your new, reduced credit limit.

Consumerwins
Opelika, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America-Card-Services/West-Point-Georgia-31833/Bank-Of-America-Card-Services-WATCH-OUT-IF-YOU-HAVE-A-BOA-CREDIT-CARD-US-National-Card-S-476984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America-Card Services