Complaint Review: Bank Of America Consumer Credit Card Division

• Submitted: Sun, December 06, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, December 06, 2009

• Reported By: Dragon — South San Francisco California United States of America
Bank Of America Consumer Credit Card Division
100 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, North Carolina 28255 , California United States of America

Bank Of America Consumer Credit Card Division Credit limit slashed - credit/debt ratio increased Internet, California

Bank of America just sent me a letter advising me that my credit limit was cut from 17800.00 to 13200.00. Bank of America increased my credit to debit ration from 72.60% to 97.90% on 01 Dec 2009. Last year they did the same and Bank of America increased my credit to debit ration from 68.40% to 98.80% on 01 Dec 2008. Now my credit rating will drop like a rock due to this action taken. I have never missed a payment for the entire time I have had this line of credit. Even for the entire year of 2009 of which I have been unemployed due to the corporate downturn and my job being lost. The reason for this - according to the letter is as followed: " Your payment history with us" " Proportion of balances to credit limits on bank/national revolving or other revolving accounts is too high". If they would have left well enough alone my actual credit to debt rating would be 58.74%. Also because I have taken the responsible action and not used my credit lines or credit cards since losing my job, the balances would only go further down. I have called them previously to seek help to reevaluate my payment structure and was told by three (3) reps that I should go through a debt counseling service. There is nothing wrong with my budgeting its the high cost of debt from interest increased and credit lines being slashed and the minimum payment not being reduced according to the limits available, as when it was first open. My interest rate issues are another story but I'm sure heard about from others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2009 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America-Consumer-Credit-Card-Division/-California-/Bank-Of-America-Consumer-Credit-Card-Division-Credit-limit-slashed-creditdebt-ratio-in-534855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America Consumer Credit Card Division