Complaint Review: Bank Of America , MBNA

• Submitted: Tue, September 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 16, 2008

• Reported By:Ashland City Tennessee
Bank Of America , MBNA
100 N. Tryon St. Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 704-386-5681
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank Of America ,-MBNA They took my 0% interest on my Balance transfer they want to add finance charges on a credit balance Charlotte North Carolina

I have been doing business with B of A since 2003 (when it was MBNA) I received this offer to transfer a balance for 0% interest for one year. I was already registered on line to receive statements and make payments. Up until now I had a "perfect" record with them, never missing or late payments. I received my first email statement.

I was not where I had a printer, and I didn't think I needed to copy the date as it was clearly due on the 23rd of that month. The min payment was $100 but I paid $1700 on the 23rd. Next statement they had added 29% interest and took away my introductory interest.
I called and questioned and they said no, the due date was 13th, I argued look at all the times I've previously paid and never late, and why would I deliberately wait to make a payment 17 times larger than the minimum just to have been penalized this way?
Waste of time. Did no good. Big dumb me, if I had only made a copy of that statement, my mistake, but it will never happen again.

I went ahead and paid the balance in full, and received another online statement showing I have a credit balance and no payment due. So I emailed customer service and requested my credit balance be paid to me.
They responded not until after finance charges had been added. WHAT-how can you add finance charges to a "CREDIT BALANCE" I don't owe them, they owe me.
I know what they're planning. They plan on adding enough finance charges so they can take my credit balance away from me. That's the end of it for me with B of A. IF you read this and have any "smarts" don't do business with Bank of America. I learned the hard way.

Ashland City, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2008 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America-MBNA/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28255/Bank-Of-America-MBNA-They-took-my-0-interest-on-my-Balance-transfer-they-want-to-add-f-373348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America , MBNA