Complaint Review: Bank Of America, NA

Various Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BOA Bank Of America, NA Bank of America Bill Pay ripoff, website has false info, reports false credit info Various Various

*Author of original report: It is Bank of America, and they promise "Same Day"

*Consumer Suggestion: This is a simple fix

Bank of America "Bill Pay" service promises "Same-day Delivery" of payments to a Bank of America Visa, then rips the customer off. First, they add a "late fee" because they didn't process the payment, then promise to remove it. In the meantime, they report to the entire world via your credit report your "High Limit" as your balance with the false fee added BEFORE they remove it. Because of their actions, they have falsely informed the Credit Bureaus that I exceeded my credit limit and they refuse to do anything about it.

Their online mail system suggested that I "telephone them to talk about it". Yeah, right! Call them so I don't have their answer in writing? I'm sure that's what they want.

Never telephone with a credit issue, always get it in writing.

I've also had many problems with their "Bill Pay" service not sending payments on time. BOA suggests that I send my payment sooner so that they receive it on time. Say WHAT??? I can't decide when the payment is sent because Bank of America only gives me the option of when I want the payment to be RECEIVED by the person. I pick a date before the bill is due and have to trust Bank of America to deliver it on time. It seems, they can't get that right either, but blame me for not sending it sooner? WHAT??? How is that my fault?

I would like to see how many others feel that BOA and its bill pay both severely suck!

John
Gainesville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2007 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America-NA/nationwide/BOA-Bank-Of-America-NA-Bank-of-America-Bill-Pay-ripoff-website-has-false-info-reports-f-248393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America, NA

It is Bank of America, and they promise "Same Day"

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Bank of America Visa is owned by Bank of America N/A, the same bank that owns my savings and checking account. I shouldn't have to log into the Visa side to make a payment, when I can do the same from the Bank side and in addition, Bank of America doesn't charge my checking account until AFTER the payment is delivered. If I pay on the VISA side, they take the money out first, then pay the credit card a day or two later.

The fact remains that Bank of America falsely advertises "Same Day" posting of your payment when it is not true, and knowingly reports false information to the Credit Bureaus.

And so far, they are getting away with it.

In the meantime, I will find a way to have them prosecuted for this....I will just keep looking until some legal organization or government bureau will do something about it, or if necessary, sue them myself for these illegal activities.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

This is a simple fix

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

Don't use bill-pay!! Almost all credit card companies and utility companies have secure web-sites to pay your bills. I never mail a check, because all my stuff is paid online. Forget bill pay, use the web. Then, you are in control of when the company receives their money.

lucky