- Report: #323261
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Bank Of America Office Depot
Bank Of America Office Depotwww.bankofamerica.com Tampa, Florida U.S.A.
Bank Of America, Office Depot skimming transactions done with BAC credit card at 2 Office depot locations florida Tampa Florida
*Consumer Suggestion: Cancel the original card
*Consumer Comment: Bank of America consistantly lied to me, but yelling got it corrected
*UPDATE Employee: Not Office Depot's fault
*Consumer Comment: The problem was....
*Consumer Suggestion: I don't know for sure...
*Author of original report: One more thing
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I received 2 separate statements back from Bank of America dated March 04, 2008. Bank of America also included a copy of the sales draft with 2 very different signatures made by the ID thief. The statements said, "Since the credit card was present when the transation(s) took place, we consider the charges(s) valid." The dispute was considered resolved by Bank of America and I needed to pay the balance.
1. Because the signatures were totally different, is it the responsibility for Office Depot to take the blame for this? Then again the ID thief could have made 2 duplicate cards.
2. Does Bank of America take skimming seriously? My impression is that they closed the case and did not take skimming into consideration.
3. Who usually takes the responsibility for these types of fraud. Is it me the card holder that usually pays for these types of crimes?
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2008 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America-Office-Depot/Tampa-Florida-33612-33618/Bank-Of-America-Office-Depot-skimming-transactions-done-with-BAC-credit-card-at-2-Office-323261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.