Complaint Review: Bank Of America

• Submitted: Fri, October 10, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2008

• Reported By:Fontana California
Bank Of America
www.bofa.com Glendora, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 909-381-2494
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank Of America Overdraft Fees FRAUD Glendora California

*Consumer Comment: To The Responders Who Still Have Trouble With This Bank

*Consumer Comment: ....

*Consumer Suggestion: you can ABSOLUTLEY do this right

*Consumer Suggestion: the best possible solution for you is

*Consumer Comment: BofA BS

*Consumer Comment: Bank Won The Suit

*Consumer Comment: By all means, sue them...

*Consumer Suggestion: Ida, the pending charges seems to be debit card transactions...

This bank has been making so much money, from poor unsuspecting consumers, for many many years, by charging these overdraft fees, when they should not even apply. I want to start a class action suit against them and I am willing to do anything to start the process. These people are charging overdraft fees for items that are already charged as well as checks that are cashed prior to your account being short. And when you call and tell them you can't understand the charges, and they explain to you and spend the time getting to know you, they CAN AND WILL reverse some of the charges. AND WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND IS, IF THEY CAN DO SOME, WHY DON'T THEY JUST DO THEM ALL. At one point, I had 6 charges, all because they decided to accept a check for a larger amount first, before the smaller charges, which happened PRIOR TO THE CHECK BEING SUBMITTED/DEPOSITED! And the items were even showing PENDING PRIOR to the check being deposited. If anyone out there knows of any class suit, please contact me. I would like to be involved. This is getting out of hand and they must be stopped!!!

Ida
Fontana, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 12:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America/Glendora-California/Bank-Of-America-Overdraft-Fees-FRAUD-Glendora-California-380112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America

To The Responders Who Still Have Trouble With This Bank

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Your problems aren't with the bank. Your problem is staring back at you in the mirror. Here are some things you should know:

1. ALL banks are the same. This one is no different than the large bank down the street, or across town. They all have the same fee structure, the way they charge fees, in some cases - even the fee amount is the same. This bank is no dirtier, no trickier, and no shiftier than any other bank.

2. Debit cards are the reason why banks make a lot of money. These instruments cause consumers to stop tracking balances in their check register. The bank then convinces you to check online, but the online system isn't accurate and if you live paycheck to paycheck, relying on an online system will result in you losing money.

3. Since all banks are the same, your complaint here will follow you to the next bank, and the one after that. It doesn't mean you shouldn't take your money out of the bank and move it - that decision is yours. The point is that when you move to a new bank, expect the same thing to happen. If you don't believe me, just do a search on ROR for any of the large banks - they all have entries by people who "think" they were ripped off like you were. If they all did the same thing as you did, all banks are the same, and millions of others never incur a fee, then chances are - it isn't the bank that's the problem. It's the user.

Banks have all been taken to court on the issue of fees, and the banks won those cases. Given all of this, your banking habits need to change. Get rid of your debit card, keep a check register, reduce your transactions to cash and checks, and you'll never have another fee and this or any other bank.

....

AUTHOR: Ebony C. - (U.S.A.)

This bank is really a joke but aside from calling to check when a charge clears also check online everyday if possible to keep track. This bank is reallyt dirty.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

you can ABSOLUTLEY do this right

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

I do not use credit cards period. it is stupid to put CASH you need to be paying off a credit card. So stop the credit card game, you should already know the BANKS WIN that game! When you play with snakes, you will get bit!

Second, use cash when possible, so that you are using the bank for big purchases only. That way at least it is easier to keep track of where your money is going. You do not need a debit purchase for a $5 buck coffee. That's just stupid.

Third, keep a register, call the bank and find out WHEN has your deposited cleared! Do not guess! I have kept a register since I opened up my accounts and never have I ever bounced anything or recieved a NSF fee. So, that tells me it is not the bank and no I am not an employee of the bank. Just because people keep a handle on their money does not make them employees of the bank

We happen to have some money because we have learned how to manage our money. The key word is MANAGE. You are not managing your account well. You depend on some phone or the computer to tell you if you have money. When is the last time you actually walked into your local branch. Do you know their names? Who are the employees that work there? They would be happy to teach you about your account if you actually walked in and asked nicely.

If you looked at the money you would have by what you are paying in NSF , interest fees, you would be shocked on how much money you could have. If you have a credit card , add up the money you owe, the interest you're paying and again, you would be shocked at how much money y ou would have. It is time to learn about y our money and get on a plan. Check out Dave Ramsey and learn how to get out of debt and these NFS charges will be a thing of the past. No I do not work for him, I just learned from him and it did change my financial LIFE!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

the best possible solution for you is

AUTHOR: Kimberly - (U.S.A.)

Hi

I am not going to critize you or anyone else on this site that has grievances with the bandits of america. They are by far absolutely the worst bank on this planet.
Their customer service reps all LIARS. Oh I have so much dirt on them and documented every time someone lied to me. I MEAN BOLD FACED LIED. They are stealing millions of dollars from thier customers daily and getting away with it. Once they take it it is gone. MY ADVISE, DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK, IF YOU HAVE A ACCOUNT WITH THEM, CLOSE IT AND PUT YOUR MONEY UNDER YOUR MATTRESS, it will be much safer there than in 'Bank of america.
And whatever you do if you do have a account there, DO NOT USE THIER VISA CHECK CARDS WHATSOEVER AND NEVER EVER GIVE ANYONE THAT CARD NUMBER TO PAY ANYTHING, bank of america will hold charges until your balance is low and then all of a sudden hit your account all at once, expecially the ones you didn't even know about. And if they were not getting enough money from us before, now they really sock it to us with the new " we'll authorize anything, even if it puts a account in overdraft policy" they will tell you its for your benefit, THAT IS ANOTHER LIE, its so they can charge you $35.00 per transaction ( even one as small as .60cents) to do it. If you need a credit card for online stuff, go to your local check cashing place and buy a prepaid debit card. sure it is a dollar per transaction but i'd rather pay 1.00 than 35.00 any day of the week.

And to all you bank of america defenders out there, the ones that your favorite song is " keep an accurate balance" BITE ME. I have kept a accurate balance and that still doesn't work, unless you keep an extra grand or so in there for protection your screwed. Bank of america prays on us "normal" people who in the live in the real world of people who actually work for a living and rely on thier paychecks every week to survive.

Oviously there is something wrong here with this bank or all of these people wouldn't be complaining about the same thing over and over, all victims of this bank and their deceiving business practices. And yeah we signed on the dotted line, but you know what, i dont remember anything on that document telling me how they would literally screw me out of thousands of dollars of my money by changing the way they do process things, and i certainly never signed anything telling them they could charge me 35.00 for a "authorization overdraft" I DO REMEMBER TELLING THEM NUMEROUS TIMES ON THE PHONE THAT IF THE MONEY ISN'T THERE DON'T APPROVE THE CHARGE...... alot of good that does cause the
a.....holes charge you to reject the d**n authorization too, OH YEAH, then if they do authorize the charge they charge you 35.00 and if you dont get the money in there before it goes thru they charge you another 35.00,

I know i am not the only one who gets this royal treatment from bank of america, let me tell you something, my account was down to like .20 cents but IT WAS NOT OVERDRAWN, well they came in and charged me 35.00 (10) times for them refusing a electronic debit authorization from ebay, for a lousy 2.68 , then to top if off, they go back a week ago when my husband used his card to play on a casino a couple of times and charged a " INTERNATIONAL SERVICE FEE of .60 cents not once but 3 times for a lousy $20.00 charge which they money was there, so I called customer service and they told me it was a visa fee. NEWSFLASH, MY VISA IS A CHECK CARD ATTACHED RIGHT TO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT FROM BANK OF AMERICA. Okay, so then they want to argue with me about the fee and how they wont reverse the 3 $35.00 charges tacked on to my account because it is not a bank accessed fee. you see they aren't supposed to charge you a overdraft charge on a fee accessed by them that puts you into overdraft, so after being hung up on several times , BELIEVE ME I'M AT LEVEL 10 BY NOW AND I'M NOT GIVING UP, I WILL CALL AND CALL AND CALL UNTIL I GET SOMEONE WHO WILL REVERSE THOSE CHARGES, but you have to go thru several LIARS who each one of them will tell you a different thing. One of them even had the nerve to tell me the company i did the charge with that actually processes the credit cards for the casinos charges this fee. OH REALLY, funny we have been gambling internationally online for years and hundreds of purchases and yet not once been charged this "international service fee" so i called the actual casino and had them contact thier credit card processor just to be sure and sure enough they dont charge any international service fee, SO ONCE AGAIN BANK OF AMERICA SUPERVISORs LIED!!!!! Eventually i did come across a real human being that did reverse the charges, But guess what , not a month later here we go again. Now they have done it 10 times in a row, and we haven't even used our card in over 2 months. These just popped up out of the blue, i dont even use our bank account at all , we just have it exist basically in case one of us has to get money to the other while they are out of town., of course now they have it overdrawn nearly 400.00 bucks simply on their service charges. I am at my wits end, I can't even bring myself to call them anymore for fear i may drop dead of a heart attach/stress attach because these people are so out of control. AND GOD FORBID I WONT EVEN SET FOOT IN THE BANK TO DEAL WITH THEM ONE ON ONE BECAUSE I KNOW I WOULD BE GOING TO JAIL FOR god knows what i would do.

I have been dealing with this bank for over 18 years and the last 7 or 8 years were bad, but the last 2 years has just been the worst. I am so glad i found this site where i can hear about other peoples horror stories and know that its not just me
that there is definetly a problem with this bank and WE HAVE GOT TO STOP THEM

BofA BS

AUTHOR: Inland Line-x - (U.S.A.)

Yes, Bof A is a rip off. I'm sure the people that responded positive were employees.
The people of B of A need to go to jail just like all the other corp. executives that have screwed this great nation.

Bank Won The Suit

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Ida, this is your own fault. You use a debit card, don't keep a check register, and check online for your balance. These are all symptoms that lead to account mismanagement, which you have done. The courts have ruled if the fees are adequately disclosed (and they are), the bank can charge as many fees as the agreement will allow. You're way too late to the lawsuit party.

What happened to you will happen in any bank; that's why I never mention any specific bank because they're all the same. Here's what you should immediately do:

1. Stop using a debit card.
2. Start using a credit card.
3. Stop checking online for your balance
4. Start keeping a check register so you know what your balance is.

If you do this, and you properly manage your accounts, you will never incur another bank fee again. Best of luck to you.

By all means, sue them...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

And post the docket number here. Let's see how far you get suing them over an agreement that you signed when you opened your account.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

And they will come through when they settle, and just about every major bank left processes the larger items first, then the smaller items. I doubt you would be able to find an attorney to create a class-action lawsuit.

#9 Consumer Suggestion