Complaint Review: Bank Of America

• Submitted: Sat, April 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, April 22, 2006

• Reported By:New York New York
Bank Of America
BankofAmerica.com New York, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 212-226-0643
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank Of America ripoff unauthorized debit for buyers advantage to credit card New York New York

I noticed a 119.99 debit from my credit card posted 04/14/2006 BAC BUYERSADV. After calling Bank of America they informed me that I have enrolled in Buyers Advantage and had authorized them to charge me the amount. They said that I had signed up with a Lowes solicitation that came in the mail.

I have never shopped at Lowes or purchased anything from them. I did not sign or send in anything authorizing them to sign me up. I canceled. They gave me a cancellation number and said that they would hold the money for up to 6 week before refunding.

I fell this is very bad business.

Victor
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2006 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America/New-York-New-York-10012/Bank-Of-America-ripoff-unauthorized-debit-for-buyers-advantage-to-credit-card-New-York-New-188025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America