I will try to make this as brief and as to the point as I can. I would also like to say in advance, I have kept every single email to and from Bank of America as well as KB homes in relation to this home purchase and I am willing to provide them all.
In December I decided to purchase a home at 1235 Bridle Bit., San Antonio, Texas (KB Home) in Saddle Mountain subdivision. The process of selection to the show room design went great. I have been very pleased with that portion of the process. This is not my first home with them.
The horror story started with FINANCING. From the onset, the person assigned to handle financing would not get in touch me. Nor would he or she return my many phone calls, of which I left messages every time. After a continuous effort to make contact with this person I gave up and called Bob Welch (KB Rep) and informed him I was sick and tired of making unanswered phone calls that were not being returned. Whoever was handling my file was not professional enough to even return a phone call I would not be doing business with them. I wanted another person more competent to handle my financing. I recall receiving a call later that day from a Bank of America representative, Mrs. Rigsbee. This was a wakeup call as to what would happen later.
Keep in mind I had presented copies of all required documents prior to my leaving for Afghanistan, as requested. However, I have been ask to produce the same darn documents over and over and over. It's always something!! If it's not the quality of the digitally sent documents and scanning it's another new document that's now needed!!! These new request go on and on. I don't quite get the reason for a problem with a document that was digitally transferred, that had never been reproduced to be sent! Documents sent from my employers website directly to you? Now, if on the other end your equipment is the issue...fix it!! But the continuous bombardment requesting the same documents only frustrates an already stressful situation. True in fact that initially I had scanned documents and sent them. So, I cannot vouch for the quality on their end. Especially since, now I'm doing this from Afghanistan!
Based on my experience with the way things have transpired I made sure to ask CONTINUALLY is there anything else that will be needed in order to make this less painful, since now we are about to close and have surpassed the agreed upon closing date. By the way the closing date came and passed as if nothing was wrong. That seems a bit puzzling me! Not an email or phone call from anyone!! Never did I get a hint of anything going wrong, after all the previous bumps in this long stretch of road. When I called Shawlee the only document that was being waited on was a "home estimate". How more incorrect could she have been? Did someone lie to her? Or someone is lying to me?
3 June closing date approaches and I again campaign the same questions regarding needed documents. I had no desire or time for anything to go wrong at this juncture. But I received no response. Now, it is no secret that I have elected my son to do the closing for me. He has traveled from El Paso to Austin then to San Antonio to conduct my walk through and close for me. In advance I had a power of attorney prepared for him which I emailed to him. The walk through is conducted. I find out later from Shaw Lee that a specific document (power of attorney) is needed in order for my son to proxy this closing for me. Although the one I provided states the specific reason for the power of attorney, it's not good enough. Hence, the question that I have been posing. Yes, initially the closing was going to be done via mail. But for the sake of time I decided for my son to close for me. This was no secret!! Then I was told by Shaw Lee that the original power of attorney was needed. Uh, would have been nice to know since I had this power of attorney prepared weeks in advance and could have mailed it!! From Afghanistan mail is at least 7-10 days!!
I am not closed on my home, June 3rd has come and gone. And now you're requesting a 2010 tax return!!!! What the heck is going on with these people? We are in the middle of June aren't we? My intent was to file my tax extension when I returned to San Antonio in July. Out of anger, frustration and just sheer being tired of all this crap I Turbo taxed my extension and forwarded a copy of the request for extension to Shaw Lee from Turbo. It clearly states the extension was received for processing, for IRS approval. That's not enough either? Now, just prior to this I called "Shawn", explained my exasperation about this whole nasty chain of events. After his apologies he promised to get back with me by close of business that day. Huh, he never called, emailed or attempted to contact me. Not surprised at all given the fact that now I have someones attention and demanded an end to my suffering by committing to a closing date. As of Sunday, I have yet to hear from him. Shaw Lee did call me, only to ask me for 2 more documents!!! I sent this to her in an earlier email months ago. She did tell me she was keeping an eye on the progress of the documents with underwriting. I still don't know where we are if at all in this process. I have called her numerous times since with no answer or return phone call. I also sent an email message requesting a FINAL CLOSING DATE!! That email went unanswered, oh and by the way, the emails do alert her blackberry!! She conveyed that to me in an earlier conversation!
I am sick and tired of the unprofessional behavior. Shaw Lee told me that my packet had changed hands somewhere in the process. She attributed some of the lagging on that issue. As I told her, this should have no bearing on me whatsoever! Personally, I don't care about the internal issues. I may have been sympathetic earlier, but not after this mess! What the heck is going on here? As I have stated to everyone who would listen. This lack of professional work ethic, behavior and apathy goes beyond words. In a time where it is hard to even find someone who can even qualify for a loan I am going though this? I have been screwed by this whole mess! I should have had the keys by now and relied on that promise made. I have ordered my refridgerator, expensive wood flooring, ceiling fans, light fixtures, bathroom flat screen, cabinet hardware and wall murals H**l; I even tracked a package that has stolen at the front door. The front door to a home I should have had keys to by now. The same home my son should have been in to receive this package! My son has been driving back and forth to San Antonio in order to try to intercept packages I mailed ordered to the address. Oh, I can't even have the post office hold my mail or packages. Why? I have no documents saying I've closed or anything that shows this is my address! Nor does my son! It has been an endless trail of mess that has followed because of this. I have made it perfectly clear that I will be home 11 July and my schedule is very tight to get the things I need to get done to be all moved in. My son is there to facilitate a much of this before I get home. Oh, let me mention I changed my leave time as well. I was supposed to be on leave right now!! Thank God, the better of me decided to change it last month. Now my ticket is purchased for July and I only have 14 days to get things done. As it stands I have an appointment 5 July for the wood flooring installation, with 50% of the $4800.00 already paid, which was the requirement! With the first of the furniture delivery 2 days after completion! The list goes on!
In closing I want this situation taken care of immediately. However, I will be in touch with another lender today and Monday in the event that this is not handled taken care of efficiently with the no loss of time to me or my set schedule. Bear in mind I do understand the with another lender I may add on days to my already tight schedule. But that's my choice, not someone elses. If I delay myself fine, but when someone else does just for the heck of it, that's a whole other story. My time has not been respected nor my preparation, time and money. I will never ever recommend anyone to go through what I have endured. I have a relative and co worker who is in the market for homes in San Antonio. No doubt whosoever they qualify. I have given them all my contacts to assist them in their process. But I will say this; Bank of America is not a recommended place to seek a home loan.
I am going to send this email in hard copy, letter format to the below addresses as well as any other source I need to until it is resolved to my satisfaction. I want to make sure as many people know about this. Hopefully no one else has to endure the type of treatment and lack of concern that I have. I will also use a blogging site to highlight his problem as well as the resolution to this issue.
Follow up since I my initial email of this letter:
I received a telephone call from Shaw Lee with no new development. The mysterious, Shawn decided to contact me. In both of these conversations both of them ask me did I get a call from Plano, I guess their headquarters office. My response was no and that I guess its not that important to them. I also made it clear I refuse to incur a single penny more for someone elses lack efficiency. Also, I want a clear bottom line explanation as to what and who was not paying attention to this, since you had 6 months to get it right. Regardless to how this turns out I demand that I be reimbursed my cost. This includes both my storage rentals at AAA storage. As well as any pending cost to the 11,000 lbs (approximate) of furniture I have in government storage, if there are any cost. My items have been in temp storage since retirement. Reimbursement of funds for the cabinet hardware stolen from the front door of the home. As well as the travel cost for my son who traveled back and forth from Austin to San Antonio in an attempt to intercept my mail order packages. He drives a 1999 Lexus 300SC, no its not the greatest on gas! I completely supported his travel expenses and have the bank transfers to his accounts as proof! There is also $350.00 charge from lumber liquidators for the delivery of Brazillian Koa ($9000.00) wood flooring that is now being held at a local store because I could not accept delivery and that payment has already been charged to me. I managed to have the delivery charge for the new refrigerator eliminated, so far.
To date no one from their corporate office has called me to offer any explanation, apology or even the slightest concern!! This is my 3rd home and never have I ever dealt with type of madness or lack of concern. No wonder their reputation isnt that great right now.