Complaint Review: Bank Of America

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 01, 2008

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
Bank Of America
100 Noth Tryon St Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank Of America Charges $39 late fees starting on the due date Everwhere Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Late Fees Get Reversed

I pay my bank of America Card online through the Bank of America's web site. I usually pay early but a couple of times I have paid on the due date listed on my bill. This last payment I made was on the due date, not late, and there was already a late charge fee for $39. I made the payment from my bank of America checking account and then called Customer Service to see why I had already been charged a late fee when I was actually not late. I was told by Bank of America's Customer Service that their system automaticaly charges the late fee on the due date due to the fact that if you pay on the due date it will not actually go through until the next day. But they take the money out of my checking account instantly.

Where is my money for 24 hours? And I always thought the due date was your last day to pay before being late and charged this outragously high fee. Not for Bank of America. Also if you have charges that show up on your card that is not yours they will tell you to first contact the company that withdrew the funds and beg them for your money back . I'm changing banks and as soon as I pay off my card I will cut it up. Have had a Bank of America Card for 12 years never late until this past October when I had surgery and was 3 days late on a payment. My intrest rate went from 9.9% to 29.94%. What a buch of crooks.

Hopefully the Government will do something soon about these banks outragous charges and holding money illeagly in escrow accounts gaining intrest for themselves.

Synchroduv
jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2008 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-Of-America/nationwide/Bank-Of-America-Charges-39-late-fees-starting-on-the-due-date-Everwhere-Florida-305029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank Of America

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I have asked this myself before because I noticed the same thing. I was told and this was done correctly that the late fee goes away when the payment posts, since there is a record of payment on the date it is due. That being said, if you read the back of the payment slip, it will say by what time you have to take the payment to a branch for it to count as being paid on time.

You can argue the interest rate, that is a high jump for being the 1st time being late.

#2 Consumer Suggestion