• Report: #205704

• Submitted: Fri, August 11, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, January 08, 2007

• Reported By:Burton Michigan
Bank One, Chase Bank, JP Morgan Chase
Davison Road Burton, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank One, Chase Bank, JP Morgan Chase Identity Fraud and No Assistance Charged me NSF Fees Burton Michigan

*Author of original report: NSF Fees

*Consumer Suggestion: Jacob, banks aren't afraid of Reg E

*Consumer Suggestion: this will help federal regulation E sec. 205.11

In June 2005 my husband and I received a letter from our local police department along with some returned mail informing us that mail had been stolen and some items are being kept for evidence.

I went to my branch and said I wanted to close the account due to compromise of accounts. I pulled out funds and cancelled direct deposit of payroll. I started to incur NSF charges so I called the branch dropped off copies of the letter and said I asked to cancel the account over a week ago and I had cancelled AOL account.

I was being charged 30.00 for a 6.00 aol charge I could not get them to stop. I paid cash to vendor I had written checks to for repayment explaining and they were understanding .I ended up having to pay Bank One 1200.00 and they said they were closing my account for NSF! I said that if they had performed this over 3 months ago I would not have this problem. Bank One, Chase and JP Morgan do not care about Customer Service!

Burton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2006 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-One-Chase-Bank-JP-Morgan-Chase/Burton-Michigan-48509/Bank-One-Chase-Bank-JP-Morgan-Chase-Identity-Fraud-and-No-Assistance-Charged-me-NSF-Fees-205704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank One, Chase Bank, JP Morgan Chase

NSF Fees

AUTHOR: Monica - (U.S.A.)

Yes the account had in fact been compromised and in addition to this AOL continued to attempt to collect fees on a closed account. This accounts for the charges. I requested another account to opened and the funds would be redeposited into that account, but unfortunately I ended up paying the fees and never did open an account. I filed several requests through fraud protection etc and nothing ever came of this.

This was the 2nd time fraud on this account occurred. Someone in our family had gotten ahold of our routing and account numbers and charged over $500.00 to our account and was never prosecuted because he was a teen. His parents even encouraged prosecution because he was encouragable.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Jacob, banks aren't afraid of Reg E

AUTHOR: Stile - (U.S.A.)

Before you ask, I don't work for Chase, but a competitor. I used to have an account with Chase, but closed it several years ago. Banks are well aware of the Reg E requirements and work within those requirements on a daily basis. Tens of thousands of Reg E claims get filed on a regular basis, it's not a big secret that banks are trying to keep from you.

Monica, something isn't clear with your story. It begins in June of 05 when you close your account due to compromise. Were there charges being made on the account that didn't belong to you? Did you file a claim against these charges? What happened between June 05 and 3 months ago, because you go from (I presume) a 0 balance, to 1200 overdrawn. If Chase charges $30 per fee, then that's at least 40 fees. What were the 40 items that hit the account that caused those fees?

#3 Consumer Suggestion

this will help federal regulation E sec. 205.11

AUTHOR: Jacob - (U.S.A.)

just walk into that bank tell them in any voice that you are goinbg to the media dont be bashful you must this has to stop say 3 things federal regulation e sec.205.11 and watch them squirm youll probably get your $ back if not you can take them to court and then you will uner that regulation. see it makes institute investigate efts and resolve them this means if the6 dollars was ach'ed to your account and you told them that was not right within 2 business days then they are at fault and need to pay you damages.

have fun watching thier jaw drop . i did they had employees running everywhich ways but loose . i picked my head up high and just laughed on out the door.