Complaint Review: Bank One - JP Morgan Chase

• Submitted: Fri, September 17, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 17, 2004

• Reported By:Mentor Ohio
Bank One - JP Morgan Chase
P. O. Box 15153 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Bank One, JP Morgan Chase rip-off! User rates & fees charged for services not given. Thieves! Wilmington Delaware

I had a First USA credit account that was bought out by Bank One. They changed my 9% rate to 24.99%. I called them and was told that this account was closed and the rate was not negotiable.

I have been paying on this account religiously over the past 2 1/2 years and have brought the balance from $4600, down to $2100, without late payments. I received my statement yesterday and noticed the rate was raised to 25.25%. I was livid! Then I noticed they charged me an $18 annual membership fee! Membership fee for what?

They will not allow me on-line access because I am not a member and the account is closed. Now they want me to pay for something they are not willing to offer. This is stealing.

I called them again, and was told that annual membership fees are not refundable. Also they will not give me member services because my account is closed. Do not do any business with Bank One or JP Morgan Chase, their new owner. You will regret it. Hey Bank One - What goes around, comes around.

Mentor, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2004 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-One-JP-Morgan-Chase/Wilmington-Delaware-19886/Bank-One-JP-Morgan-Chase-rip-off-User-rates-fees-charged-for-services-not-given-Thiev-108832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank One - JP Morgan Chase