Complaint Review: Bank One

• Submitted: Fri, September 03, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, June 22, 2005

• Reported By:cuyahoga falls Ohio
Bank One
bankone.com Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio U.S.A.

Bank One no book - no statement Cuyahoga Falls Ohio

*Consumer Comment: How do you expect him to pay

*Consumer Comment: you agreed they will want the collateral the van

For 18 monthes My wife has been tring to get a new payment book. She has gone to the local branch and called customer service. All have said that it was taken care of but still no book. On saturday 8/29/04 I went to the bank and got a confermation of request and that it would be prossed by 8/31/04. Today is 9/3/04 still no book. Now her is where they lost me.

On 9/2/04 my van was repo'd I called the bank and explained my situation no one cares. I not only dont have a book or statement I did not get a single call informing me that my account was 45 days past due. I am a driver on the road 5-6 days a week and need a reminder. I dont understand why they can find my house to get the van but not to send me a COUPON BOOK. This does not seem like a good practice for a service company. A simple phone call or 32cent stamp would have avoided the 385.00 repo fee. Does anybody have a sugestion or comment about my situation.

Bob
cuyahoga falls, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2004 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-One/Cuyahoga-Falls-Ohio-44221/Bank-One-no-book-no-statement-Cuyahoga-Falls-Ohio-106926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank One

How do you expect him to pay

AUTHOR: Richard A - (U.S.A.)

How do you expect him to pay them on time when he had no payment book to know the due date. Granted he coulf of called and asked or asked at the branch but that still leaves another problem, where to mail it to and how whould they know it was his payment.

i say they both are in the wrong, bank one for failing to give him a new payment book of providing temporary slips that he could fill out his information on to pay while they printed up the book. And him for not asking the branch when the next payment was due or calling to find out when it was due, where to send, and what to do if he dident have a payment slip to make shure his payment was process and credited promptly.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Bob, sorry to here about your situation, but unfortunately you were the one in the wrong. You signed a Promissory Note (Loan) promising to pay a certain amount every month. If you do not pay the lender (bank) on time per you contract (loan that you signed)due the date you agreed they will want the collateral the van. I also no what is like being away for weeks at a time, I am in the Navy and am away months at time. To meet my financial obligations I rely on Allotments made automatically every month. Good Luck.