Complaint Review: Bank One

• Submitted: Tue, April 18, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 18, 2006

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Bank One
800 Brooksedge Blvd Westerville, Illinois U.S.A.

First USA, Bank One, Chase ripoff abusive tactics to affect not only wallet but credit score also Westerville Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Just Interested

*Consumer Comment: I not sure what you expected them to do.

A credit card could become your worst nightmare. First USA was my original creditor then they passed the ball to Bank One and it ended with Chase. My balance was "0" and statements stop coming. Months later I receive notification that I had been delinquent with my account (some online charge was made without my knowledge) and that they were about to send my case to collections if I didn't pay. I contacted customer's service's agents, without exaggeration, more than FIFTEEN times. It sometimes would turn into a big fight, but nothing helped. I explained what happened, over and over again, but no matter what, they always said it was my fault and I had to pay. The amount charged to my card was less than $100.00. Late fees made the total close to $450.00 I tried disputes, they didn't help. Their close mind is affecting my FICO score for something they could have helped me with if they really care about their costumers. I made a mistake yes, and it was neither that this was my first credit card ever nor to make sure to keep up with my balance, but to think that, creditors care about their customers and that they can be rational. Even when I agreed to pay the balance, and I paid it off indeed, they put the stain in my score. Beware of credit cards you cannot hear this enough.

Kimbarlos
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2006 01:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bank-One/Westerville-Illinois-43018/First-USA-Bank-One-Chase-ripoff-abusive-tactics-to-affect-not-only-wallet-but-credit-sco-187182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bank One

Just Interested

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Who did make the charges on your credit card "without" your knowedge online? To be off the hook, charges either have to be filed or as a parent, some degree of responsibility must be accepted.

I not sure what you expected them to do.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Had you disbuted the charge when you received the statement after the fraudulent charge was made it probably wouldn't have gotten to this. I would assume that the time frame to disbute the charge had passed and that was why you were obligated to pay it.

Why did you not disbute it at the time it showed up on your account statement?